Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

86’ is almost ready- almost

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
extxlonghorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extxlonghorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 86’ is almost ready- almost
    Posted: July-08-2006 at 8:22pm
I have come to (near end) of my quest... I have redone the floor; Stringersm, foam, and even added decking, timing has been set, cap and all internals done. I DIDNT KNOW NOT to be running it out of water!!! from the get go the prop has turned when running (fast) and now that i have put her in water, she is slow to engage in forward and doesnt in reverse... I have searched the forum, what's wrong, there is also an "unbalance" to the rotation of the drive shaft that even "thumps" at certain RPM. HELP.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 10:07am
I had reverse and forward, but had a banging noise when it was on the trailer just checking to see if it would engage. When I put it in the water, seemed to loosen up and lubricate the packing. Quiet again. But the no reverse thing sounds goofy. Maybe linkage?
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
1970 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2006 at 6:03pm
If it does not engage at all in reverse it sounds like yu screwed your tranny. It probably got overheated running those speeds without much cooling.

With the tranny linkage hooked up check and see if it tries to move when the motor is off and you try to put it into reverse. It may try to move but the cables could be really stiff and need replaced/lubed. If it has full movement then you definately have internal problems with your tranny, prolly fried the reverse clutch pack.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic