Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
theclaryproject View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theclaryproject Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang Issue
    Posted: May-27-2017 at 1:32am
I have a 1971 Mustang with a Chrysler 273. NEVER had a problem with the boat. I've taken it out probably a dozen times this year already. Just the other day the boat was low on gas when I took it out, while riding I throttled up to go faster and the boat started to die. I slowed down and now can't go above idle without the boat sounding like it wants to die. It sometimes will do full throttle but will not run as fast as it should.

I have :
1) replaced the fuel and refilled the tank 2) checked fuel pump and fuel filter 3) cleaned the carb.

Tonight I put it back in and it ran perfect for about 30 minutes then did it again and now Im back stuck again.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
71 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2017 at 6:56am
Nathan,
Fill us in some more on what you did to check the fuel pump. The best way is to tee in a pressure gauge. Also check your anti siphon valve at the top of the fuel tank to make sure it's clear. Do you have a point set in the distributor or has it been converted to a EI?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic