NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GM dizzys

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GM dizzys
    Posted: June-04-2017 at 12:21pm
I have two used distributors for sale. Both are for gm, works on std or Rev rotation 454. Should fit small block too.
Msd 8360 (not marine version)
Bolt in rtr 3 wire no controller needed.
$150

Mallory YL624MV. Was a dual point but has pertronix kit installed.
The mallory is a bolt in ready to go, bushings are good, cap and rotor have about 20 hours on them. $100 unsure hours of this unit. It spins very freely has slight up/down play.

I will take pictures today and try and post them up tomorrow
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2017 at 4:00pm
Ok I deleted the original description to the msd because I threw it on the lathe and spun it with some 30wt oil on the bushings and it loosened right up. It's defiantly good to go. Just was sitting in storage about 6 years so got a little dusty.
The 8360 was a designated dyno unit so does not have a ton of hours on it but the time it does have on it were high rpm. The gears on both units are in greathe shape. I couldn't fiND the cap but I'm pretty sure I have it.
Here are pictures. I also have a set of msd 8.5 superconductors that are used, no leaks. One boot has a melted spot from a header. $40 for the set with one of the distributors. Coil wire is not msd.

Msd

Mallory
I put new wires on the mallory and cleaned it up a bit. Cap and rotor are excellent shape.

[
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:49pm
MSD is sold.
Mallory available best offer. For 100 plus shipping I'll throw in the wires.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 12:18am
Pm Sent
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 12:54am
Can't help but notice that the Mallory is a marine distributor with an automotive cap.

It has a vent hole in it that you can see in about the 8 o'clock position in the picture showing the underside of the cap. It's visible if you know where to look for it.

When it's installed the hole is sorta hidden by one of the hold down clamps.for the cap

The marine ones don't have the vent hole in the cap so that they can meet those pesky USCG regs

The housing is definitely marine with the brass vent screens.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 1:00am
Ok thanks. Yeah i was actually jist searching to see if the dist itself was marine and noticed the marine ones all have blue colored caps. Odd because when i called MSD and ordered a cap last year i did tell them it was a marine application and thats what they sent me.
Good to know!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 9:13am
That blue/red thing is the first hint on Mallory's about whether the cap is marine at least for the genuine Mallory/MSD stuff.

I've seen other colors like tan, black from other outfits and had to look to see if there was a hole.

The marine ones have a thin rubber gasket glued into the cap too and the red ones don't.

Hate it when they send the wrong part especially when you tell them it's marine.

I've seen people fill the hole with epoxy and use a gasket to make it function the same as the marine cap

DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2017 at 2:08am
Items are sold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic