NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relo to Connecticut

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relo to Connecticut
    Posted: June-11-2017 at 9:36pm
Hey folks, we had to be back in the north east, so Ridgefield, CT it is. I sold my Sport-N before we headed to FL. 3 years ago, so looking for some skiing near by. I'll prly look for a boat over the winter.

Please chime in if you're close, and have some recommendations.

One of my co-workers mentioned some folks that drop in a course nearby...but just some free-skiing is good for me ;-)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mark
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 10:04pm
My college roommates family moved to Ridgefield. Don't remember anything about the lake scene as it's been 30 years since I was there. But do remember, some big, super elegant homes, and having a lot of fun at a bar in Georgetown, nearby.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

My college roommates family moved to Ridgefield. Don't remember anything about the lake scene as it's been 30 years since I was there. But do remember, some big, super elegant homes, and having a lot of fun at a bar in Georgetown, nearby.

BKH

ahhh, I believe that would be Lumberyard, and a couple of others. :-)

Look when you have something constructive to post, like a nice Southwind-OB for me and the fam, and a nice ski lake, chime back!!! ;-)

Yeah, there are plenty of big friggin' mansions...I'm not in one of those, or I'd be digging my own ski pond! Good thing to, or all you crazies would be sleeping in my back yard :-)
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 10:55pm
Such a Great town. Had lived there for quite a few years, and wife grew up there. Used to be classic quintessential quiet little New England village, has since turned into Yuppieville (if Yuppie is even a word anymore..)..now can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Range Rover....regardless, would move back there in a minute. Go to Luc's or anywhere else youre likely to see Keith Richards and clan, Ridgefield regulars for decades....

Boating try Candlewood or Zoar..and if you're not afraid of salt hit the Sound.

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 11:11pm
Thanks for the heads up Wind....yeah, you're right on yuppie-ville, but we'll suck it up. This town was the best option for schools and proximity to HPN, where I do that pilot-thing....

I told my wife my new hobby after skiing will be hanging at starbucks scoping out Ridgefield mommies with low self-esteem....she wasn't impressed ;-)
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 12:30am
Grew up in Stamford, best locale for HPN but crazy $ now. If you haven't actually pulled the Ridgefield trigger yet, consider Bethel, lived there 5 years, a
postcard village 15 minutes past Ridgefield.

Just FYI : George C Scott (Patton) lived right
under the Greenwich CT flight path of HPN, and for many years waged a famously vocal and powerful campaign to fight commercial White Plains flights...but since he's now gone ..., go ahead and hit the gas..

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 9:15am
Zoar or Lillinonah for skiing, Candlewood also an option. We are about an hour north of Ridgfield, though we don't do much boating down that way.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Grew up in Stamford, best locale for HPN but crazy $ now. If you haven't actually pulled the Ridgefield trigger yet, consider Bethel, lived there 5 years, a
postcard village 15 minutes past Ridgefield.

Just FYI : George C Scott (Patton) lived right
under the Greenwich CT flight path of HPN, and for many years waged a famously vocal and powerful campaign to fight commercial White Plains flights...but since he's now gone ..., go ahead and hit the gas..

Ha, yeah, no one wants the noice, at the same time they don't wan't to drive to LGA/JFK/EWR ;-)

The trigger has been pulled! Bethel is very nice...no doubt....
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 11:21pm
Too bad you already pulled the trigger...google Sunset Hall, Robert Vaughns (The Man from U.N.C.L.E) old house. Just reduced at auction to a paltry $4.75 million...although at 19,500 square feet it might not meet your needs...

Lived so many places in Ridgefield, funnest was upstairs apt adjoining building next to Galloways Pub, was very best bar in town..down the stairs and maybe 20 feet to the door.... oh what fun haha ..... then it blew up and literally actually disapeared from an awesome gasline explosion, and the fire marshal quickly gave us the boot...

From there moved to great carriage house apt on the Arnold Bread estate, another magnificent RF property....again....such a great town....nice choice...congrats!

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 12:22am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Too bad you already pulled the trigger...google Sunset Hall, Robert Vaughns (The Man from U.N.C.L.E) old house. Just reduced at auction to a paltry $4.75 million...although at 19,500 square feet it might not meet your needs...

Lived so many places in Ridgefield, funnest was upstairs apt adjoining building next to Galloways Pub, was very best bar in town..down the stairs and maybe 20 feet to the door.... oh what fun haha ..... then it blew up and literally actually disapeared from an awesome gasline explosion, and the fire marshal quickly gave us the boot...

From there moved to great carriage house apt on the Arnold Bread estate, another magnificent RF property....again....such a great town....nice choice...congrats!

Ha...too funny '74, I don't need to google that hut. Know it well. Laurie and I looked at a house two doors up, right across from the ball field....nice area...just a bit too remote from a "neighborhood" standpoint....great history in this area....
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 12:52am
Then you can't be more than 2 minutes from the Arnold Estate at most. Estate surrounded by Eleven Levels Rd, just zillowed...current avg home price +- $1 million.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 1:15am
If you decide to look for a boat sooner than that I've got a 95 Sport Nautique for sale. The boat is located in Greenwood lake if you want to take a look. I'll take any excuse to go for a ride in the boat.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 1:17am
PS: if you're not aware, it's all nice around there, but Eleven Levels quite a bit more exclusive and so priced accordingly.....
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic