NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gander Mnt. store closing sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gander Mnt. store closing sale
    Posted: June-13-2017 at 12:09am
We have spoken about the fact that Gander Mnt. is in going out of business and the Overton's part of the business was sold to Camping World / Good Sam's, but last week, I stopped by the Mooresville ( Lake Norman) store to see if any good deals could be gotten.

Well you closet tubers are in luck.   

I really was not impressed with the prices. Most were only 15 to 20% off. Maybe in a few weeks they will get serious about cleaning out the store and take prices down. I was standing there thinking I can find most of this stuff on line for less money, then I thought that is why they went under in the first place.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 6:29pm
Their going out of business prices in Minneapolis were still more then Overton's online. I was looking for a tube. Kept checking and watching the prices. They never came off 10% of their price and then inventory was gone! I finally had to get one on order and went to Overton's. Got a new customer discount on already better price. Tube arrived in the mail and the box had Gander Mountain stickers all over it! Go Figure.
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 7:58pm
Serves you right for tubing
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Serves you right for tubing

And for shopping online........
Js
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 9:04am
Originally posted by FredWSauer FredWSauer wrote:

Tube arrived in the mail and the box had Gander Mountain stickers all over it! Go Figure.

The lower price sounds logical to me. Shipped directly from the GM distribution center so no overhead costs of shipping and stocking at a store. Do you understand why internet sales are putting stores like Sears under??

BTW, WHY are you buying tubes?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 10:36am
Yes I understand it, it's called Karma. Took quite awhile but it's payback for putting the mom and pops under with that newfangled catalog
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 11:07am
Gary

I seem to remember the front part of that catalog was great reading for most any 10 year old or so, red blooded American boy

After the good stuff, then you could go to the back and read about Sears outboard motors, Gamefisher boats etc.

Then back to the front again., and again and again
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 11:43am
More innocent times Ken. Back in my younger days there weren't many kids out here in the "sticks" so I never got into or followed team sports. When I was around 14 my Dad and I were sitting on an out of the way Oceanside dock in Key Largo. In pulls a guy in his Gamefisher boat,no bigger than 14', complete with Sears motor and now assume Sears fishing gear. We make small talk,don't even remember what was said and help him tie up. After he leaves Dad says to me- do you know who that was? Nope. That's Ted Williams. No entourage just Ted and his endorsement provided Sears stuff.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 1:29pm
Excellent Gary

Before I got to the end, I knew who's name you were going to be saying..

Probably cause I'm a New Englander
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

More innocent times Ken. Back in my younger days there weren't many kids out here in the "sticks" so I never got into or followed team sports. When I was around 14 my Dad and I were sitting on an out of the way Oceanside dock in Key Largo. In pulls a guy in his Gamefisher boat,no bigger than 14', complete with Sears motor and now assume Sears fishing gear. We make small talk,don't even remember what was said and help him tie up. After he leaves Dad says to me- do you know who that was? Nope. That's Ted Williams. No entourage just Ted and his endorsement provided Sears stuff.

Cool story. I remember the old Sears catalogs from the 1970's that had "Ted Williams" endorsements in the sporting goods section.

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic