Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

transom light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Lake555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lake555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transom light
    Posted: June-14-2017 at 10:05am
I noticed that this past weekend that our transom light on our 1991 SN was not working. Hopefully we just need a new bulb. I meant to bring the old bulb home with me to get a replacement, but left it at the lake. Can anyone tell me what size of bulb I need? Thanks
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 1:54am
looks like there are a couple options for 91, as it appears to be a transition year.    this is what NP lists though... stern light lamp
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 6:37pm
if you figure out the size, superbrightleds.com can hook you up with an LED alternative. I replaced my entire dash and stern light. Not only will they last longer, they are cheaper as well.
-Spiral
'89 Sport Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 11:59am
Also make sure you're getting a good clean connection where the light attaches to the transom. Maybe put a litttle dialectic grease on the connectors.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2017 at 4:45am
My 95 is missing the stern light. Are they available?
I should have one in the boat for night trips.

EDIT: Sorry Christines has them on the shelf. Google helped find it.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

My 95 is missing the stern light. Are they available?
I should have one in the boat for night trips.

EDIT: Sorry Christines has them on the shelf. Google helped find it.

Mark - I found mine under the observer side gunnel. its tucked way back up in there, but was clipped in, so I assume this is factory location.

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2017 at 1:01am
Dreaming, you saved me a purchase. It was right where you said, covered in dust probably been there since brand new but it was there. Thank You and Happy 4th of July!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2017 at 1:56am
Mark can you post a picture of it please? I suspect mine has been replaced with a different one---
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2017 at 4:53am
Gary, I can do that but it may be a couple days, we are on the run this weekend.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

Dreaming, you saved me a purchase. It was right where you said, covered in dust probably been there since brand new but it was there. Thank You and Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th to you as well :)   glad I caught you before you ordered.!

Gary, - NP has this one for 93-2000 boats, but this is not what my 94 looks like.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/stern-light-pole-all-nautiques-from-1993-2000/

Mine is this shape, but there are ribs in the light diffuser that seem more pronounced than the picture here...

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/stern-light-pole-for-correct-craft-boats-1985-and-prior-using-base-5306076/
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2017 at 7:16pm
Gary, I am trying to post 4 pics that show my light. I don't know if it has ever been used, it does not look like it.   There is a Oring on the plastic stop at the lower end. The oring is so old it fell off.   
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2017 at 12:31am
Thanks to you both. I think mine had been replaced by N3 with an Attwood brand when I bought the boat. I eventually found a Perko up front under the bow seating and that is the one that matches yours exactly Mark,thanks for the pic's. Now to find an o ring thats the right size....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 6:59pm
My 93 transom light looks very similar. Most probably do. I have had continuous problem with the light bulb not working when it sits for weeks. If I pull the bulb out, and twist it in and out a few times it starts working. Next trip to lake I will try and grind a little sand paper onto the contacts.
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 7:38pm
Fred - do you have a gob of dielectric grease in there? I imagine your light bulb and lamp contacts are getting corroded.   the dielectric grease still alows the contacts to conduct electricity, but keeps the air/moisture out so that the contacts don't continue to corrode.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic