Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Temp Sensor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gobluemike2142 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temp Sensor
    Posted: June-15-2017 at 10:41am
Hey guys, '96 Super Sport with GT-40 and the temp sensor thing is bad. Which one do I need? I see one listed on NautiqueParts but when I read the descriptions I'm just not sure. One of them says for GT-40 use a certain part number but the one listed for Gt-40 isn't that part number. Any help would be awesome.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 12:05pm
Looks like there are two of them:

Sender for ECM

Sender for guage

What are your symptoms?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by desertskier desertskier wrote:

Looks like there are two of them:

Sender for ECM

Sender for guage

What are your symptoms?

Gauge reads anywhere from 190-210 at basically all times. The motor is luke warm and I can put my hand on the risers for 20 minutes with no real discomfort. So, the marina took it out and noticed the same thing and put a temp gun on it and it's running around 160. They did the diagnostic and came back and said bad temp sensor, and I think it's the one going to the gauge. The dealer I bought it from a couple months ago got a sensor for me and sent it to them (I'm out of state) but the marina says the threads are wrong. So, I'm guessing the selling dealer just got the wrong one and I was sick of waiting so I was going to order it myself.

I'm super new to boating and this Nautique is my first boat so I'm really trying to get things done I just don't have all the knowledge.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 1:11pm
Yep, just talked to the mechanic, it's the one up top by the thermostat, good, something inexpensive

EDIT: Thanks desertskier
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2017 at 1:22pm
If you can send him the link he could compare it to the picture.
69 barracuda h/m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 barracuda h/m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 11:04pm
Hey I have a 302 ford motor in a 69 barracuda. Should I use a 160 or 180 degree thermostat? And is there a marine one I can get, if so where?
-Alex
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 12:12am
Originally posted by 69 barracuda h/m 69 barracuda h/m wrote:

Hey I have a 302 ford motor in a 69 barracuda. Should I use a 160 or 180 degree thermostat? And is there a marine one I can get, if so where?

Hey, you might have better luck starting your own thread with a title like 302 HM thermostat or something like that.

But anyways, here's an old thread about a HM 302 thermostat issue with some info

old thread

Maybe GaryS will be along to give you some info
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 4:50pm
Well if you have a single pump HM it won't get over 120 anyway, I have a 140 in mine. Nautique Parts,Christine's,or Skidim will have something marine that will work.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic