Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel/water separator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel/water separator
    Posted: June-20-2017 at 5:25pm
For those of you that have converted from the canister type filter to a spin on style- I'm curious if you were able to mount it using the existing bracket or if you had to make any other modifications. I'm looking at the Sierra kit SkiDim sells. Any other opinions on a kit or filter type welcome. And pics appreciated.
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 5:42pm
If you're going to do anything to it make sure whatever you get make sure it also separates water. Most should.

What filter is on it now? I'm not familiar with what was or is stock. My boat had an existing filter and all I did was Buy the raycor filter with the metal Bowl kit that matched the threads on mine. Parker Raycor is about the best name in fuel filters for boats period for an inboard you have to make sure you have a metal Bowl not a plastic see-through unless it's mounted above the deck.
My particular kit happened to have the same thread as the MerCruiser filter which crosses to the raycor S3220TUL, (10 micron) , SUL if you want 2 micron. Both rated at 60 gph
Part# to Google for that is B32020MAM
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 7:48pm
It has the big black and orange metal canister type on it now. I thought for convenience it would be a lot easier to install a spin on/off style bracket. Mainly curious to see how guys have bolted it up to the existing bracket.
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2017 at 8:46pm
I think it's kind of ironic people changing the old drop in filter mounts for a spin on. Hi end cars went back to drop in oil filters back in the early 2000's supposedly for environmental issues
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic