Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Breather Hose Size???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breather Hose Size???
    Posted: June-21-2017 at 3:01pm
I have decided to use flexible pvc pipe as the breather hose on my 81 ski nautique from the bulk head to the top of the air box, from the top of the air box to the intake vents I will use dryer hose.   

Will three lines of 2" inch hose provide enough air flow or do I need to use 2.5" or 3"?

This is the stuff that I plan on using.

http://www.flexiblepvc.net/Flexible_PVC_Pipe_Black_p/pvcpipeblack.htm

The advantage to using the 2 inch is that it is cheaper and because of the smaller diameter there is more room for it to be mounted higher on the bulk head away from the bottom of the hull.

I know a lot of snorkel kits for off road vehicles have a 3.5" to 4" inch inlet so I think that 3 2" hoses would provide even more flow that that. Please correct me it I am wrong or point me in the right direction.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2017 at 3:04pm
2.5" (nominal) is 2-7/8" OD and will match the 3" fittings/hose used from the deck to the air box. That said, 2" should be sufficient for airflow purposes.
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2017 at 9:24pm
Thanks for the help Tim.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic