NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2005 Keypad Issues

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 Keypad Issues
    Posted: June-24-2017 at 9:07am
So I drag the boat to from NC to Maine and get ready to head to the launch and give it a test fire in the driveway and it takes like 3 times for the to go in (i.e. the orange lights to come on as you push or mash the damn buttons) and fired up- decide to launch this am. Another test in the driveway this morning before heading to the launch and nothing - autobilge (from toggle switch) works but appears nothing (power) at the keypad. I checked the battery connection and found the positive side clean but loose (no doubt from the crappy roads in along 81 and 84 in PA and CT).
I am off to get a better battery post/terminal cleaner and perhaps a new end for the cable.
I did not bring my tester with me but feel as though the battery (other than possibly the connections) is the issue.
It's going to be a long time in Maine if I don't have this figured out......
Bring on the other ideas of things to look at.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 10:39am
If it is the number keys giving trouble remove the code(s) so you only need to hit start. to go in. Otherwise set 2 new codes, one using only the right side numbers and the other using only left. Good Luck!!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 11:09am
Hopefully, it will not come down to this, but I was reading here or PN that new key pads are still available but they are only offered in one color. Lets say for example there were four colors offered but now they are only offering one color like black graphite. One guy was saying he took his to a buddy that owned a body shop to color match and paint it. I have been thinking about getting one and putting it away. Hopefully, it is just a battery terminal issue. Thank Goodness you have your trusty repurposed boat paddle.

If this does not work, I know a guy in Portland with two sons that have many Correct Craft Boats to choose from. Several are even footing boats.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 11:15am
Might be a very wise decision Don. Even if you never use it I'm sure it won't loose any value.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 11:17am
Yeah the guys from Portland are supposed to be here skiing tomorrow am. Need to get my poop in a group and get this boat in the water. If the rain would stop for an hour or so I would be on to the next troubleshooting item - giving the code change a try
Would it be wrong of me to just borrow the key pad out of my brothers 2003 196? He won't be home for a couple of weeks so.......
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 1:50pm
So although Pete has not suggested it yet (must be his day to don the orange apron) I have put the volt meter on the battery (12.5 vdc) and on the PME terminals behind the kick plate (1.8 vdc).
Given this I am back to the battery connections being suspect or the toggle switch that would provide the juice from the battery to PME and then the keypad - does this seem logical?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 2:50pm
I'm not excited to hear about the keypad issue. hopefully it is not the problem.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 3:31pm
So after replacing the positive battery terminal and no change in voltage my attention went to the toggle switch and after some ugly words muttered under my breath my attention went to he toggle switch - after throwing the switch several times in rapid fire mode the indicator lights lit up and and we are up and running.. I do not feel bad about replacing the positive terminal as that needed to be done anyway. Looks like it is time to replace that toggle switch
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

my attention went to the toggle switch and after some ugly words muttered under my breath my attention went to he toggle switch - after throwing the switch several times in rapid fire mode the indicator lights lit up and and we are up and running.. I do not feel bad about replacing the positive terminal as that needed to be done anyway. Looks like it is time to replace that toggle switch

I'm back from 8 hours wearing that orange apron! Yup, sounds like that VOM came in handy. When you get the new switch installed, take the old one and just for fun Ohm out the contacts. Set the VOM to the Ohm scale and then touching the two terminals with the probes, and see what the resistance (Ohms) are. A good switch will be close to if not zero Ohms.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 9:45pm
Good to hear you got going.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2017 at 9:46pm
Glad it was not a keypad problem, Nautique parts is showing no stock on the port side keypad, Backordered and no date from CorrectCraft when it will be in stock. Hope no one has an issue with on anytime soon.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 1:19am
That's what happens when you dang Southerners come up north of the Mason-Dixon Line
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 1:30am
Wel that does not sound very hospitable. For the sake of clarity, this fella may live in the south but as Donald say's the yankee has not left him.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 1:49am
Glad to hear you found a solution Greg. How long you up here for and where are you staying? Give the Harts a high five for me. I need to get my damn boat in the water

Don't know where the time is going....

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 8:36am
Mike
I am on Little Sebago Lake (what they call the middle lake) staying with my mother through the 7th.
Summer is flying by!
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

That's what happens when you dang Southerners come up north of the Mason-Dixon Line

Wow....that was Ugly.....
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Donald say's the yankee has not left him.

We Southerners have to keep a close eye on Greg for when the South rises again. We can't be sure which side he will be on.

My wife Kerry is from CT so she is in the same boat.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 1:22pm
We have slowly been getting our people in place,just look at NASCAR for example. You have been telling us for years that the South will rise again,we will be ready.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 1:56pm
Well.......we all know how most of you Northerners move South either permanently or for a few months when the weather starts to get cold. You've finally realized that the water ski season is 9 months long or year round when you do. However....there is that ONE Georgia boy who loves the water but retired and moved to Cleveland. Still trying to figure that one out!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2017 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Well.......we all know how most of you Northerners move South either permanently or for a few months when the weather starts to get cold. You've finally realized that the water ski season is 9 months long or year round when you do. However....there is that ONE Georgia boy who loves the water but retired and moved to Cleveland. Still trying to figure that one out!

Some of us Northerners like to go even further north when it gets cold☃️
As for that Georgia guy, I could tell he wasn't right the first time I met him and I still wonder about his boy.
Using a quote from Foghorn Leghorn
I say, I say that boys like a foul ball if ya know what I mean
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic