NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ossipee nh area anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ossipee nh area anyone?
    Posted: June-25-2017 at 8:47pm
Rented a place on ossipee lake for the first two weeks of July. I've actually never been on this lake before. So I was wondering if any members here have any pro tips for boating around that Lake, finding glass, avoiding shoals(I do have a chatplotter) but in general, good sandbar or swimming spots for mid day or hang out spots for the high traffic times of the day?
Are there any public docks you can tie up and walk to restaurants or watering holes?
Thanks!

I will also throw it out there that if anyones there the sale times and wants a tow in exchange for a mini tourthat can be arranged.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2017 at 9:51pm
i spent 10 years on it. its the lake itself which is great fun. the southern end is called long sands and is only accessible by boat but a great view and a clean sandy bottom. the channel connects to broad bay and the lake ossipee marina. be careful of the stone wall under water.. it is between the channel and broad bay and just to the right of the channel .I have found it numerous times. the water from broad bay empties into leavitt bay and when calm the skiing around it is decent. leavitt has another short channel the goes to berry bay . another decent skiing bay.. enjoy it   it holds a special place in my heart. the biggest shortfall is other than a campground store serving chicken fingers fries and pizza the food pickings are slim
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2017 at 1:33am
Thanks for the pointers. From what I've heard it's a great little lake. I'm going to be staying on the southwest side next to the long sands. Good to know about the wall. My sister will be staying somewhere in broad sound so ì will def be taking a gander into that section of town also.

What about fuel? I did a search and the only fuel dock I see is at ossipee lake marina on north end of broad bay.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2017 at 9:15am
there was fuel at the campground on the lake(westward shores?) and on the channel between the lake and broad bay
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic