NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shredded Impeller

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bwill14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwill14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shredded Impeller
    Posted: July-11-2006 at 11:50am
I shredded my impeller when my water intake filter got clogged. Have changed out the impeller, but am wondering where all the little pieces are. Left riser as you are facing toward the back of the boat seems to get pretty hot. Can the pieces clog and create problems? Any tips / tricks to getting them out?

80 Ski Nautique CCW 351

Brent
Brent
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2006 at 12:01pm
Yup, the pieces can clog in the water passages and cause you to run hot. Try sucking pieces out with a vacuum cleaner.
MarkSN82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkSN82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2006 at 8:09am
Brent,

Did you have any luck on getting your boat to run cooler?

I now shredded 3 impellers and wondered where all the pieces went. I can run the boat on the trailer at 3100 rpm and 3600 rpm and it runs at about 185 degrees. put it in the water for a short outing and it goes over 200 degrees and I get back to shore.

I need some help too.

my email address is md4family@sbcglobal.net

Mark
cbrad435 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbrad435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2006 at 4:29pm
I can't say I am a professional at this but I have had to go all the way threw my motor because of overheat problems. I would start with running water through every possible water channel starting at the RWP. Do the RWP test found on www.skidim.com. Unhook lake hose and fill 5gallon bucket with water, put lake hose in that. You will than need another at the RWP hose disconnect and I put my garden hose running on the tstat housing so water would go into exhaust also. Run put at 3000 rpm, you should fill that bucket in 15 seconds. If you don't than you know that the clog is at or before the RWP. If you golden keep running water through all hoses and exhaust and finally check to see that your exhaust pipe are in good shape...
To wake is to live...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2006 at 4:43pm
your chunks are going to be in the t-stat housing or exhaust manifolds. Doing the test as descriped is only going to tell you if the pump is on right and that the tranny cooler and strainer are not cloged and the impeller chunks will not go backwards so disconnecting the hose at the pick-up and attaching a garden hose to it then disconnecting the lower hose of the RWP and turning on the garden hose will tell you if it is cloged or not from the pick-up to the RWP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic