Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

engine cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
frydaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frydaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine cover
    Posted: July-12-2006 at 10:17am
I have a 1968 correct craft with a poly 318. Instead of rebuilding this engine I would like to repower it with a 1972 Chrysler 340. My question is will the original engine cover fit over the 340? I have attached a picture of the boat/ engine cover.
Thanks,
Frydaddy

Frydaddy
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2006 at 1:44pm
Is the bell housing alot bigger? Ried P was putting a big block chrysler in a mustang and the bell housing was touching the bilge and couldn't line up with the transmission.
Tim D
frydaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frydaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2006 at 5:43pm
The bell housings are the same between the poly318 and the 340. My concern is with the exhaust manifolds. The poly 318 is overall a wider engine, but the exhaust manifolds are tucked below the valve covers. On the 340 the exhaust manifolds go up a bit and are on the outside of the valve covers. I thought if anyone had done this conversion would know. It would be a bad day if I were to undergo a major engine repower and when it is time to shut the engine cover it only goes 2/3’s the way down.
Thanks for the response,
Frydaddy
Frydaddy
rmcdonald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2006 at 7:39pm
Hi Chris

I have a 1968 Ski Nautique with a Chrysler 383 V8.

Hard to tell from you picture, but your engine cover looks a little different to mine.

Send me an email at rob.mcdonald@comverse.com
So I can reply with pictures and measurements of my engine cover.

Also has anybody heard from Reid P. He sent me an email a while back which I replied to. But I have not heard or seen a post from him since.

Regards
Rob McDonald
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2006 at 8:34pm
frydaddy....don't know about the fit , but I may have a solution if it does not.

I am buying a cover from a member on the site...that cover may work if yours won't...it is the same size as ones used for a 1972 Ski Nautique and fits over a 351 easily...I can measure for you if you wish...and you can compare it to yours.

I have been looking for a cover like the one you have and would make a trade if it works out...
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic