NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It was bound to happen

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It was bound to happen
    Posted: July-17-2017 at 8:49pm
And one day it did..

Cam smoked his right knee on a rail riding cable in Grassy Key while on vacation last week. Just got the MRI today, see the ortho on Wed.
Keep fingers crossed and good thoughts for this one guys. His football coach is less than impressed, they passed out pads today. He is minus one starting upper classman. Oh and his truck is a stick shift.. Poor kid just saw the rest of summer swirl down the crapper.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2017 at 9:12pm
bummer.   Good time to practice driving the boat...   I hope he heals up quickly.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 11:18am
Very sorry to hear, let us know what the doc says.

My youngest, 14, was about to quit gymastics this spring and was running track as a freshman, surprised herself by making the 4x100 team, was doing really well. She decided to finish out a few more weeks of gymastics, and ended up hurting her foot on an awkward landing, mild break. Track was done, tough to see her miss the season. We want our kids to do all sorts of activities but it really sucks when they get hurt.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 4:08pm
That sucks. He will pull through this.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 4:43pm
Sorry to hear of the damaged knee. The good news is the doctors are so much better at fixing a knee today than ever before. I hope it heals well. Make sure he gives it proper time to heal, rushing it will set him back and may cause damage down the road.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 7:36pm
Well the first results are in:
Two displaced fractures.   
Off to see the the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 9:44pm
Oh S%#t. Really sorry to hear it's that serious.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 10:50pm
Thanks for the commiseration David. We are all trying to keep our spirits up. Cam is n the kitchen assembling the new skateboard deck he bought the day before destroying his knee. The irony runs thick.
They don't come much tougher than Cam so I expect a quick process. The new focus is being ready for wrestling season mid winter. Football is done.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 11:28pm
My best to Cam.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 11:39pm
Thanks Pete.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 10:11am
Dude, that sucks.. I feel for ya. Been there with daughters and competitive cheer. Seen a lot of doctors, surgeons, casts and braces.. Hope he mends correctly, more than quickly !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2017 at 8:45pm
Well, the Ortho was full of good news.. NOT, Broken growth plate above the knee. Surgery Monday. He will be in a full leg cast (straight)
God keeps testing me.. I keep answering the bell.
Pretty sure we are done riding cable.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 1:15pm
How the hell do you break your femur?
Amazing.
We got through surgery today with flying colors.
He is in allot of pain but resting now.
This is gong to be tough for everyone as he in a cast from his nuts to his toes for 6 weeks+.
The kids is a big as me, I just carried all 160 lbs of his ass in the house from the car.
That's about it. thanks for the well wishes. Hes tough and strong and will be as good as new.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 1:53pm
And, let me add ..... how the hell does the kid manage a few weeks waiting for the surgery with a broken femur? Definitely a tough kid.

Glad the surgery went well. Not that I'm a doctor or even know exactly what his injury is, but the silver lining might be that instead of knee reconstruction that might have affected him for years the big bone break should heal completely and fairly quickly. Good luck to Cam!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 1:53pm
My son also broke a femur and was in a body cast for 6 weeks. You have to get creative to handle the day to day duties. Your son will most likely get pretty grumpy by the end of this. I hope he heals fast and is good as new. My son has zero complications now 15 years later. The doctors are pretty good at this type repair.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 2:04pm
Hell Mark, hes grumpy now!
My thoughts exactly. No metal in his leg and no tendon damage. I was fearing a ACL / MCL that would end or at least hamper his sports. Bones heal. He should be good as new in time.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 2:32pm
My memory says the #2 bathroom stops were the most challenging. Most people never learn to do that while laying down or with a huge cast in the way.
Just remind him that Chicks dig scars. At that age it should keep him happy for a while.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2017 at 12:11am
uhhh...holy crap John. How did I miss this? Well it did happen while we were up in Tennessee and I was without computer...

Broken femur? Wow. Better yet...I noticed that you said that you carried all 160 lbs of him. I remember a skinny kid from a couple of years ago. He musta grown some.

Give him my regards. Hate to see him missing out on the football season. But with some good solid rehab...he's young and will be good as new.

Cable parks just look like an accident lookin' to happen to me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic