Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bill43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop Replacement
    Posted: July-12-2006 at 6:42pm
Can anyone tell me how tight the prop nut should be on the prop for a Ski Natique 1979? Is there a torq on it?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2006 at 10:33pm
I have not heard of people torqing to a spec...but do be carefull not to overtighten it or it will be a bitch to get off.Snug but not too much.

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2006 at 10:38pm
well put it this way...you should not have to turn it hard to get to the next line up hole for the cotter pin...if you do, back up to the last hole. On the shaft you should see a line(circle) where the prop has been positioned...I set it there.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

93SNautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2006 at 10:31am
I just installed the 470 from Acme on my 93SN with the 1:23 tranny (works fantastic by the way). It came with directions for those not familar with mounting a prop. Basically it says that you should first install the prop without the key to make sure you know how far the prop should be on the shaft (since it is tapered) and mark that spot with a pencil at the forward edge. Then install with the key and make sure it goes on to the same spot. If not you may need to adjust the key. Then install the nut snugly against the prop but do not excede 35FT/LBS. And of course install the cotter pin.
So thats the number ACME recomend for their props.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic