Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raised Letter Exhaust Manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lmossman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raised Letter Exhaust Manifolds
    Posted: July-25-2017 at 3:05pm

New-to-the-world member here. Although I've been reading the forums for a while this is my first shot at posting. I have learned quite a bit from all the members here and there certainly is a lot of good information in the archives. My apologies in advance if I've selected the wrong forum to begin.
Folks, you sure do have some very nice watercraft ! I recently purchased a 1989 Ski Nautique and we're having a blast with it. That said, I'm one of those fussy old guys that likes a clean engine compartment and a good looking, well-maintained boat overall. I've got a bit of work to do. I noticed that many of the Nautiques pictured in the archives have raised letter exhaust manifolds. I've included a picture of what I'm seeking below from another post on these forums. I've tried my darned best to purchase said product new but have been denied at every turn. My question, of course, is...are they truly available for purchase or am I trying to buy a unicorn? I am not opposed to refurbishing a set of a good used manifolds but I have been unable to find those either. I am aware of the R028001 Osco, Barr, and other offerings. Unfortunately, my OCD prevents me from taking that leap.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time
     Lance Mossman
     Davison, MI.

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 9:17pm
Maybe just paint the letters on a aftermarket manifold & call it good?

There should be no difference in performance.

Is there a reason you think it is near failure?

Rust streaks are usually just the riser gasket.

BTW, paint that orange filter right away too!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 9:24pm
Lance,
I can't add anything regarding the manifolds but, I'm sure glad that engine picture with the orange filter isn't yours!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 10:28pm
NLA (new). Used is your best option if you must have them. New pcm have a large flat area to affix a decal with the logo.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 1:00am
LOL..I was just gonna say..WHO THE HELL....O is using those Fram filters???
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic