NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Hawktique!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 9:05am
So today is the day!
How's the suspense going...?

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

So today is the day!
How's the suspense going...?

Suspense level is high. Daughters are drag racing this weekend, so we wouldn't have been able to get to it anyway. Gotta check out the tint shop, and get an estimate for a tad bit of gel work. I could do both, and it would look good, but I have an old friend who is far better than me. Been working on High end boats gel repair for almost 20 years.   New lift is in the water and ready though.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 11:14am
Somehow a new boat arriving beats a new car arriving by a long shot. When my boat rolled into the place that I work I pretty much said goodbye to everyone, hitched on to it, and went to the lake. Yes it needed work, but I just wanted to get a ride in it ASAP.

Have fun!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 12:53pm
ETA is tomorrow morning. The suspense is killing me. Going to give her a quick oil change, head to the vinyl guy to measure for registration stickers, and a couple personal touches. Then we're hitting the water!

Currently debating between Rotella Tripple Protection15w40 and VR1 20w50
Also Shell 30w non-detergent for the V drive, or Rotella T1 30w HD.

Thoughts?
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 1:55pm
AWESOME, welcome back! Hey you need to start a thread on you and your family's racing endeavors! Always fun to see that stuff.

CONGRATS!!!
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 2:08pm
Either oil is supposed to be good.   I run 10-40, so I have been using bradd penn.   Also has the needed zinc.    The others don't come in a 10-40 formulation from what I understand.   Maybe some more research later on down the road, but the bradd penn it was available when I needed it, so that's what I currently am running.
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

AWESOME, welcome back! Hey you need to start a thread on you and your family's racing endeavors! Always fun to see that stuff.

CONGRATS!!!

I did have a thread years ago. I'll try to pull it back up and add to it.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2017 at 2:10pm
Huge Brad Penn supporter, GREAT oil. If you can get it run it!
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2017 at 9:36pm
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 12:14am
Very nice! I'll have to look in the brochures for the specs on an '01 Hawktique!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 12:27am
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 1:23am
Very Nice.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 2:28pm
So will you be getting a custom tonneau cover featuring the Iowa Hawk?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 3:47pm
Is that thing on Lake Delhi? I saw the old 90 Hawktique rolling around somewhere in the last year or two but I forget where.

That's a beautiful SAN!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 5:03pm
It is at our place on Lake Delhi. The old one ended up in Oconomowoc, WI.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic