Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SN 196 Key Pad green light?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
VTCharlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTCharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SN 196 Key Pad green light?
    Posted: August-27-2017 at 4:31pm
   I was wondering if the little green light to the left of the start button always stays on.I nevernoticed it before mine stays dimly lit even when start mode is de activated. I'm concerned about battery drain. Everything else seems to function fine. Thanks for info on this.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 2:57pm
Ours glowed like you say and I questioned it as well. I pulled the whole keypad out and played with it. The light would go dim, and get bright, and dim every time I flexed the pad.

We ordered new, the old one failed completely eventually.

EDIT: This was on our 2000 Sport Nautique...so not sure what year your start pad is.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
VTCharlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTCharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 4:28pm
   Thanks very much for the info. ,ours is a 2000 sn 196 .I am going to order a new one as it sounds the same as yours. If I could trouble you for one more question. How do you get the pad out ? and I assume you have to re program the new one. Thanks Again
                                                                                                                            Charlie
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 4:31pm
pull the dash pod off by removing the silver flat head screws that hold it in place. Behind there you will find a few little bolts with nuts on them holding the keypad do the dashpod.

Easy electrical plug to remove there and unscrew the nuts and you're set. I don't remember having to reprogram the keypad.............I could be wrong though, It's been a couple years on that one for me. I seem to remember plugging it in and it working immediately.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 5:41pm
Your keypad is totally different then his.

Does your pad require a number code to turn ignition on??
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Your keypad is totally different then his.

Does your pad require a number code to turn ignition on??

How do you figure that? They used different pads on sports vs skis? Cuz I have a 2000 196 that seems to be identical to our sports...
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
VTCharlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTCharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2017 at 5:45pm
yep mine reqires a code . TY
DLafont View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLafont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 5:36pm
I have a 2000 PAN, just changed out the keypad a couple of weeks ago.

I had to get the master code from Nautiqueparts.com, Swapping out the keypad itself is super simple though. Couple of screws for the dash, and some nuts holding the keypad itself. Nautiqueparts have a procedure for updating the code if you don't want to keep the master code.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic