Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunpad Actuator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gobluemike2142 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunpad Actuator
    Posted: September-01-2017 at 11:56am
Looking for the MQ-939 actuator that lifts the sunpad. The "up" is toast, down still works. If this is a bad spot any advice on a relatively cheap one would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 12:07pm
What boat?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 12:35pm
There are plenty out there. You just need to know the travel length of the actuator to match up a new one. They aren't cheap usually. Power boat sites have plentiful supply.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 12:40pm
I'm thinking if it powers down then the motor is good right Zach? If it's a newer boat with the relays maybe one of them is out rather than the actuator itself?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 12:44pm
Possibly. I'm not sure exactly how they reverse polarity but that would be an idea. Test the wiring with a test light or volt meter to see if you are getting power both ways the switch is running.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 12:51pm
Gary, I believe Mike has a Super Sport like yours, 97' ish??
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 1:10pm
Ok then,there are 2 relays in the wiring mess near the trans shift lever,on mine anyway. My trans lever actually can hit them. I'd check those out first. Steve K explained to me that on the early Excells and it's Barefoot cousin CC did not use relays but ran the power all the way to the dash and back to the actuator resulting in the motor burnout. Relays were put in to fix that,I'm guessing one for up,1 down?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 1:58pm
Sorry, 96 Super Sport. I had it tested, even bypassing the toggle switch by the throttle and had the relay checked as well. At least that's what the guy told me. I can definately hear the click.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gobluemike2142 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Possibly. I'm not sure exactly how they reverse polarity but that would be an idea. Test the wiring with a test light or volt meter to see if you are getting power both ways the switch is running.

Going to check that tonight.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 6:26pm
Linear actuators run on DC are reversed by reversing polarity. Yes, as mentioned, get the VOM out. A "click" tells you nothing.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 7:36pm
A click sure does when it's coming from 44
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

A click sure does when it's coming from 44

If you hear a click you better run before he reloads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic