NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with bimini going from MN to Chicago area

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with bimini going from MN to Chicago area
    Posted: September-05-2017 at 7:16pm
I managed to buy a very nice bimini for my SS tower. It's kind of bulky at 75" x 25"x 6"
It's in Maple Grove, MN a northwest burb of Minneapolis. I'm looking to see if I can get it closer to Deep Lake in Lake Villa, IL (Quinner's lake for those who have been to any of his mini's or who just know where that is).

Hope to save the big $ on shipping. I can meet along the way if there's a chance that would make it happen!

Thanks in advance!
Tryathlete
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 7:20pm
Peter,
It's assembled?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 7:28pm
And what are you going to disassemble to make it smaller, lmao!!

Hardly any depth to a booted bimini so the 6" is probably more like 2"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Peter,
It's assembled?

Yes--it's an under tower bimini with all the brackets attached. It is a factory Ameritex (Taylor made factory Nautique bimini from a 2008
210 SANTE).

Not sure how disassembling would make it much smaller other than the thickness dimension. Those clamps and joints probably add a few inches. You guys all know 100x what I do about this stuff.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

And what are you going to disassemble to make it smaller, lmao!

Sorry for the stupid question.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 9:14pm
Hah, Ken told me to bust your nutz, lol!!

The main bow on the bimini is 1 piece of bent aluminum or stainless so there really is no way to make it smaller, the middle bow is not as tall but same width and the front is about the same size as the middle. Booted up the bimini will fit on the floor of the boat with 1 leg in front of the doghouse and the other behind. Not a heavy piece but they are bulky and somewhat of an awkward size.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 9:24pm

Hah, Ken told me to bust your nutz, lol!! .

Oh sure, blame it on Ken!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 9:29pm
Hi - Sent PM. - Fred
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 9:30pm
Anyways--yeah those biminis don't compact all that well. I just hope I can find some charity amongst all the traveling CCF'ers sometime soon! Chris's description of how it fits In a direct drive was nice! It will fit inside an SUV or pickemup truck too hopefully. If all else fails I may have to drive up and back. Wouldn't be the end of the world but sure would suck up some gas and time. The estimated freight is $160-$180. Ouch.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 10:48pm

Good job on the nutz bustin' Quinner
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 10:54pm

Good job on the nutz bustin' Quinner
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 12:53am
How soon do you need to pick it up ? I go there occasionally but same as Quinners slalom course , never know until load pops up .
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 1:05am
There's no big hurry. I just need to get it near here so I can put it on the boat for NEXT season. Thanks for offering my friend!
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 1:23am
Next time thàt I go there, I will contact you.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 12:01pm
And if you do get it for him Jeff make sure he actually puts it in his car before he leaves, lmao!!

Thanks again for picking up our course!!!
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 10:49pm
Will do . Not a problem . Any YouTube yet of slalom runs ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2017 at 3:12pm
Just a bump if anyone is coming from Minneapolis metro area to anywhere in Chicagoland or SE Wisconsin, I’d appreciate any help getting the folded Bimini from the seller in Maple Grove, MN down my way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic