NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gary, Florida?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gary, Florida?
    Posted: September-19-2017 at 7:33am
Gary,
How did the Florida house make it through the storm?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2017 at 11:41am
Well we dodged the bullet for sure Pete. Here is the extent of the damage,I suspect the posts may have been a little rotten,but the wind would have been funneled thru this area due to vegetation and our shed,which is directly to the right of this picture. Another neighbors mailbox is bent at a 45 and he lost some siding. That is the extent of the damage on our street of 16 houses.

Here is the house and the boat

Houses on the ocean side took the main hit in our area,20-25 miles down it did not matter what side you were on. Going to be totally different down there this year thats for sure.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2017 at 11:47am
My sister and her husband rent in Marathon in the Keys for 4 months every winter. She has said the house they rent apparently survived ok. Not sure how she got her info, whether from a local source or these NOAA aerials. They leave their center console fishing boat at a yard on Big Pine. She has gotten no report on how it faired, but she said based on air photos, she believes the boat is a loss. Not sure what yard they are in, but I looked at the photos and saw this Big Pine boat yard, not sure if hers or not, and it doesnt look so good.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2017 at 10:48pm
Gary,

This is great news. You and your lovely bride have been in my prayers. Looks like the Shamrock is ok too. I do not want to make this about me, but I am sooooooooo happy my future 69 Mustang SS must of been at home base in Illinois.

You and Jbear can get some freelance work climbing poles again and running telephone wire.   Just trying to help.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2017 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Gary,

You and Jbear can get some freelance work climbing poles again and running telephone wire.   Just trying to help.

Donald

Nope...not gonna happen on this end. I promised Ms Patti....no tree climbing or cutting...no climbing on roofs or any other such nonsense like after Charley in '04. And you know what...I am good with that. Finding other ways to help.

Besides Cousin Donald...everyone knows how well off retired phonemen are....don't they?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Besides Cousin Donald...everyone knows how well off retired phonemen are....don't they?

Apparently they pay very well!!!!!! The Phone line repairmen that I know live on the lake or river or the Fla Keys.....No wonder my phone bill is so high!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2017 at 11:26am
Gary, Ill be coming down there to run some boats down next week. let me know if you need anything. I can bring a truck loaded if needed.
John
239-248-7460
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2017 at 12:36pm
Thanks for the generous offer John. We have about a month before we even head down. If there had been more wrong we'd go right away but luckily for us it's just the fence.
As to you Mr Morfoot- yes they did pay us well,the catch was we had to be there,sometimes every day,none of that stuff like every Friday off needs of the business you know
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2017 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

As to you Mr Morfoot- yes they did pay us well,the catch was we had to be there,sometimes every day,none of that stuff like every Friday off needs of the business you know

it was tough...but someone had to do it...

Baitkiller....how is the son? Also...we have heard that Marco got hit pretty good. How are you guys doing?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
funtones55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funtones55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 7:23pm
Good thing Florida was ready for the hurricane.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 8:04pm
Gary - thanks for the update. The Mars family has been thinking about ya!
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 8:20pm
Hi John. Cam is walking and lifting again but is banned by his surgeon from all sports until January. He is out in the garage right now sanding his truck, getting ready for paint!
Yes, we got hammered. Thankfully the area is affluent and most homes on the island are well up and well built. I lost some shingles, soffet, one AC and damn near every tree on my property. The low lying areas around us are devastated. They all flooded about 3 feet and are still shoveling mud out whats left of their houses.
I drove to Marathon and back today, wheh! 9 hours. If you owned a mobile home in the Keys, you don't own one any longer. It looks exactly like Goodland but the destruction goes for miles instead of blocks.
430 of 500 live aboard boats were lost in one large anchorage alone.. Im afraid they will be recovering bodies for many more weeks.
It is very sad to see.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 9:23pm
Thanks for the thoughts Chris. Our neighbor who is with the electric company said the same thing John,pretty depressing on the remains. Nothing on the news about them at all.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

430 of 500 live aboard boats were lost in one large anchorage alone.. Im afraid they will be recovering bodies for many more weeks.
It is very sad to see.

Wow. We were just in Big Pine Key back in June. The house we stayed at took a beating, but it's still standing. They lost the dock and the 1st floor due to flooding/storm surge.

We also have friends down in Water Island (ST Thomas) in their 32' sailboat. Surprisingly they survived both storms. Their boat stayed put (14 anchors) while they rode it out on land in a solid house with friends.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic