Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much Antifreeze

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leftseat88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftseat88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much Antifreeze
    Posted: October-01-2017 at 11:23pm
How much antifreeze should I be adding. After I drain the block and all of the other associated parts, Is it 1 gallon? 5 gallons? Fill until I can't fit any more in? Just curious. In years past, I have added 5 gallons, is that overkill?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2017 at 11:53pm
How much do you want to spend taking the time and money to get another block? 10 gallons would then seem cheap wouldn't it? After draining,I pour about a gallon thru mine then about another 1/2 thru the heater and 1/2 thru the vdrive
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

How much do you want to spend taking the time and money to get another block? 10 gallons would then seem cheap wouldn't it?

This is not pointed at left seat just a observation.
It's funny I think this every year when you read about people not wanting to spend 20 bucks on a couple gallons of antifreeze. They'll spend tens of thousands on a boat, a thousand on a stereo and speakers, hundreds on a ski and not want to spend 20-30 bucks on antifreeze.
It's the same in my winter sport, people will pay 15 grand for a sled with the most HP and the latest motor technology. Then want to run some cheap Walmart 2stroke oil instead of the recommended OEM oil and complain because the OEM oil is 5-10 more a gallon.
Crazy I tell ya.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic