NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'78 Ski Tique parts needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2018 at 7:34pm
Susan,
I'll be able to take some pictures and then post tomorrow afternoon after I get off work.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 7:11pm
Susan,
I hope these help. Not the greatest pictures but they do show the concept.

The L bracket below the quadrant is fastened to the window frame and tapped 10-32 for the studded knob. The quadrant to fastened to the glass with 10-32 flat heads, finishing washers and rubber washers on both side of the glass.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 7:34pm
Boy I remember you giving me the business about my engine being dirty. Just look at your dash,you even had that in the water yet?    
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Boy I remember you giving me the business about my engine being dirty. Just look at your dash,you even had that in the water yet?    

Gary,
Yes, it sure does need a cleaning. We've been through about 5 days of heavy rains and, strong winds downing trees. The chain is up 5 inches over normal and they've had the dam wide open. It's on the lift raised till the windshield almost touches but the weather still gets under the canopy. One day I had to bail the fishing boat twice to keep it from sinking!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Susan's 78 Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Susan,
I hope these help. Not the greatest pictures but they do show the concept.

The L bracket below the quadrant is fastened to the window frame and tapped 10-32 for the studded knob. The quadrant to fastened to the glass with 10-32 flat heads, finishing washers and rubber washers on both side of the glass.

These images are HUGELY helpful Pete. The "vented" windows never worked on our boat and we are discovering now that the lower bracket that is screwed into the window frame never existed on our boat (like your image below)...only the hole exist. I guess the only solution is to have them made. Can you tell me if the bracket wraps down underneath the window frame (when the windshield was installed) or if it is just attached with the screws? It also looks like you have 2 screws per bracket to hold it in place - but our frame only has 1 hole for each bracket (4 total).

My '78 Ski Tique Family Boat
Purchased NEW in the summer of '78
Restoring it LIKE NEW for the summer of 2018!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 3:46pm
Susan,
The L bracket that's on the lower frame is attached with 2 screws on my 77 but that doesn't mean that in 78 CC decided that only 1 would work! It would be just another inconsistency to add to the CC list. Installing the L I feel you will need to pull the frame off the deck since it's a very tight spot. With the frame off the deck, it would be easy to drill an extra hole so, you may want to fasten the L on with two screws. No, the L bracket does not wrap around the bottom of the frame.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 3:50pm
Good point about it being in a tight spot. The windshield is off right now - I had new glass installed and had the frame powder coated. side note - It looks awesome! This is why I'm trying to figure this out...before they put the windshield back in. I'll need to have an L bracket made to get it working.
Thanks!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 4:08pm

With the frame off the deck, it would be easy to drill an extra hole so, you may want to fasten the L on with two screws.

Not keeping it original........ Shame on you Pete
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 4:11pm
Susan,
You mention getting the L bracket only made so you do have the quadrants? The quadrants on mine were in pretty bad shape and I ended up fabricating two new ones. They are a pretty light gauge aluminum that bends very easily.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 4:12pm

We've been through about 5 days of heavy rains and, strong winds downing trees. The chain is up 5 inches over normal and they've had the dam wide open.

We are closed down here again since Wednesday,was closed the week before Memorial day too. Had the boat out twice. If it's not raining I'm out cutting grass. At least I don't have to work in it anymore or shovel it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 4:12pm

With the frame off the deck, it would be easy to drill an extra hole so, you may want to fasten the L on with two screws.

Not keeping it original........ Shame on you Pete

OK Susan, just go with one screw so Gary doesn't work me over some more!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 4:18pm

We are closed down here again since Wednesday,was closed the week before Memorial day too.

The chain and the river? At least you're on higher ground.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 5:28pm
McHenry and north is no wake,lower is closed.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 5:35pm
Heading to lake this afternoon. Will check our 78. Any other pics you need?
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 9:53pm
yes David, that would be great. I need close up pictures of the L bracket attached to the windshield. I want to see if you have 1 hole/screw or 2 for each bracket. I also need some images to help get them recreated.
thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2018 at 9:54pm

OK Susan, just go with one screw so Gary doesn't work me over some more! [/QUOTE]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 5:58pm
OK, I am officially making an ALL-CALL request. I need help. Our boat is almost complete and I can not move forward without the windshield brackets -- it's now holding everything back on getting my newly renovated 1978 Ski Tique in the water! PLEASE HELP...

I need to have four (4) L brackets custom fabricated. It's going to cost a fortune but I have no other options. I need to find someone out in CCF land that has one (1) loose bracket and is willing to trust me with "borrowing" it in order to have it duplicated. I will pay for all shipping. I could also use any advice from anyone familiar with this process.

Lastly, should I create a new post in order to reach as many people out there as possible?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2018 at 6:24pm
Susan,
I would suggest going to the HD or any hardware that carries aluminum angle. Cut 4 pieces the width of the quadrant, drill two holes (or three    ) and tap the top hole 10-32 for the knob. No, it won't be exactly like the original but I won't say anything.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 9:50am

Susan,
I would suggest going to the HD or any hardware that carries aluminum angle. Cut 4 pieces the width of the quadrant, drill two holes (or three    ) and tap the top hole 10-32 for the knob. No, it won't be exactly like the original but I won't say anything.

At the very least they would still need a "dog leg" bent on them to clear the frame.   I am way to busy in the shop to take the time to fab these up now. I looked at mine and decided that they would need to be formed in a die to be correct.   4 pcs. does not constitute the cost involved in making a die at this time. Tapping a 10-32 thread is not a option as you would only get 2 threads in the 1/16 angle   Perhaps a nut would work better, but then some. pita ACBS judge would deduct points for non originality    
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

Susan,

At the very least they would still need a "dog leg" bent on them to clear the frame.   I am way to busy in the shop to take the time to fab these up now. I looked at mine and decided that they would need to be formed in a die to be correct.   4 pcs. does not constitute the cost involved in making a die at this time. Tapping a 10-32 thread is not a option as you would only get 2 threads in the 1/16 angle   Perhaps a nut would work better, but then some. pita ACBS judge would deduct points for non originality    

Duane,
I have no idea why they made the bracket with the dog leg since it's not needed to clear anything.

Susan,
Since Duane has strong fingers that really torque down thumb screws, his concern regarding only two treads in the .050" angle has merit. So, you could go with a thicker angle.

BTW Duane, the original bracket is .060 BUT, the tapped hole is extruded.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2018 at 2:22pm
Thanks for all these suggestions...although I'm not convinced that these are doable options!! Ha!!
However, my aggressive search has paid off and I have found someone who is loaning me his bracket!! I'll keep you posted.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2018 at 6:36pm
Susan
I just remembered this request - it looks as though the windshield may have what you are looking for. Feel free to reach out to me via email inboardfan@gmail.com

apologize for the delay
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic