NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holley carb

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holley carb
    Posted: October-25-2017 at 2:44pm
I have a surplus carb that I am not needing. I opted for a larger Quick Fuel carb.   Has less than 1 hour of test stand time. Holley lists it as 600 cfm model 4160    75009-4 Stamped on air horn. Their book shows it as part # 0-80319-1    Also has inlet gas fitting installed.
As with any used carb it may or may not need tweeking. Worked on my stand and then was drained.
$300.00 shipped to your door.     (they are over $600 new now)

Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2017 at 4:22pm
Duane, interested in the carb. Do you know the CFM, and it ran on your 302?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2017 at 4:52pm
Sorry Duane, I now see the 600. I’m interested if I’m first in line. Thanks, Todd
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Got Tiques Got Tiques wrote:

Sorry Duane, I now see the 600. I’m interested if I’m first in line. Thanks, Todd

Yes, you are the first that has expressed interest.   And yes, it ran on my stand for less than an hour. My 302 is overbored .060 and highly modified. I opted for the Quick Fuel 700 cfm double pump model. Carburetors are contrary beasts. One small spec of dirt between the needle and seat can cause a leak. Fuel pressure and float level as well as the carb itself being level can affect performance. That is why I stated that it may or may not need tweaking. My new Quick Fuel got a spec of dirt on the needle and needed cleaning when it was new. All said, the carb looks new and is almost new.
Also have a factory flame arrestor that I would let go for another $20 if you need it also.
PM me
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2017 at 11:00am
Duane, PM sent. Can you post pics of the flame arrester. Thanks.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Got Tiques Got Tiques wrote:

Duane, PM sent. Can you post pics of the flame arrester. Thanks.

I have to locate the base yet.

1978 Mustang (modified)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2017 at 11:45am
Duane, PM sent
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2017 at 8:35am
SOLD, SOLD, SOLD
Still have not found the base for the arrester but still looking.   Will ship carb out Monday    Thank You, Duane
        1978 Mustang (modified)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic