Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windshield parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Susan's 78 Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windshield parts
    Posted: October-30-2017 at 7:27pm
1978 Ski Tique restoration...
I've pulled the windshield off and had it powder coated and it looks brand new!! The rubber sealer pieces look pretty rough...any suggestions on how/where I can get replacements?
My '78 Ski Tique Family Boat
Purchased NEW in the summer of '78
Restoring it LIKE NEW for the summer of 2018!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2017 at 5:13pm
Susan,
Just to clarify, you are looking for the rubber "gasket" that goes between the glass and aluminum windshield frame correct? Hopefully someone will have a source but, if not see how they clean up. A quick solvent wipe and then a treatment like Mothers Back to Black works great.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Susan,
Just to clarify, you are looking for the rubber "gasket" that goes between the glass and aluminum windshield frame correct? Hopefully someone will have a source but, if not see how they clean up. A quick solvent wipe and then a treatment like Mothers Back to Black works great.

Yes, that is correct, I was/am looking to replace the rubber gasket pieces. However, since my post, I have definitely determined that cleaning them is the easier route. I will try cleaning them! Thanks!
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2017 at 9:10pm
Susan, contact George at marineglassspecialties.com. I spoke with him earlier this year about the same thing and he mentioned that they may have it. I believe they were a Water Bonnet dealer at one time. I remember him telling me that there are 2 different sizes in the same windshield. I also sent him pics put haven't heard from him since. Let me know how it turns out because I would still like to have the parts.
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2017 at 2:27pm
I'm on it!
Thanks,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 6:52pm
Can anyone send me an image of how the vented windshields are connected to the dash with regards to the adjustable latches? Our Ski Tique windshield (1978) has the vented glass and the brackets attached to the glass but there is nothing to attach the brackets to the dash and we're trying to figure out how it works.
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 7:13pm
Think this is what you are looking for. There are t bolts that slide into the bottom of the wind shield frame and go though the holes on the dash and a washer and nut under the dash. See the pic in the link below as to what a t bolt is. Let me know if you are looking for other info. I’ll be at the boat on Wednesday

T bolts
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 7:26pm
Thanks David! We are also looking for where they go?? Our boat never had them and we can't figure out how it connects to the dash. Do you have pictures of your windshield and dash from the driver's side, showing the vented window connection?
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 11:07pm
Just sent a pic via email so you can zoom in on it. Also added a description. Feel free to call with questions or specific pic requests.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 11:25pm
Thanks David. I'm trying to get images from a boat that is "in action" so to speak. We have pulled our windshield, had it powder coated and reassembled with new glass but we need to see images of a boat with the windshield intact to help us with this detail.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2017 at 11:45pm
Susan,
Are you referring to the moon shaped quadrants with the thumb screws that hold the vents at a given opening or closed position? If so, the "T" bolts are not what you are looking for. They hold the windshield frame to the deck.

EDIT: I see Duane posted pictures of the quadrants for you.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2017 at 12:03am
Yes, see Duane’s pics in your other thread. The only part of the windshield that connects to the dash is the frame with the Tbolts. I can get details pics of the vents and the metal slides on wed if you still need them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan's 78 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2017 at 1:36pm
Yes, i was not looking for the T bolts (or "elevator bolts"), I was looking for images on how the "moon shaped quadrants" were held in place --- the other post has solved the mystery. Sorry for the duplication...I wasn't sure what forum to use.
Thank you Peter, David and all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic