NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NYD Barefoot Tournament - 2018

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NYD Barefoot Tournament - 2018
    Posted: November-07-2017 at 2:47pm

Greg and I went for a little practice run last friday at the event venue. We were joined by current event record holder, Jeff Blair, five time world champ, Rachel Normand, legend, John Gillette, and accomplished footer, but dedicated driver for the event, Fred Wingate. Spectacular day. Good water, upper 70s. Couldnt have been better.

Greg and Fred prepping

Rachel prepping for her first of many runs that day

Greg starting one of his runs

Jeff starting one of his

Larry, Rachel, John and Greg, wrapping up.

Here's how the point scoring will work.

It was mostly practice runs around the course. Jeff and Rachel impressed with trick filled runs, including back to fronts. Fred, tho nursing an injury did one run with a flip turn start.

Greg, Rachel, John and I broke away for a quick back run for me.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 3:47pm
Going to be a good event again this year - come on down, up or over) to have some fun
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 1:10am
nice run....I just wish that the camera had a zoom so we could see alittle more of you. Musta been quite a day....skiing with that crew.

beautiful weather.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2017 at 11:19pm
Some really cold weather moving in just in time for this event. Lows at night in the teens should cool the water to help cool the feet.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 3:52pm
Disclaimer: OK I confess. I did not go. I was all packed but when I got up Monday morning and hte thermometer said 19, I texted Greg and said, Have fun, I'm out.   

Fortunately, we did get over to Gregs Saturday night and got to hang out with JBear, Patti, Greg, Sue and Kristen. Sunday, I passed on the practice runs, but they, with the "Jersey Boys" got out.

So it looks like all went well monday. Better Turnout of skiers and spectators than I expected. Greg and his 85 BFN provided excellent pulls. Air about 28, water about 45.

John in the middle of his run

Greg, expertly handling driving duties

Rachel Normand on her multilap bacerds run (2nd place)

Jeff Blair, open division winner with his back flier

JBear made the podium with a 3rd place finish Adam Deen had a respectable 6th place finish.

Results

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 5:23pm
Been watching this on facebook,I didn't think John even owned a jacket. I do think the Florida boys should get extra points based on water temp. I'll bet those July days at GL would seem like a hot tub after this.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 5:23pm
Great Job!!
Js
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 5:50pm
Wow, the spoiled Florida boy will ski and local Larry won't. Wow.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 6:01pm
Guilty as charged. I have no excuse other than I pussed out. After seeing and hearing the reports through the day, I started having an few twinges of regret, but you know, not that many. In hind sight, I'm still not sure I would have gone, but it is more likely now than it was sunday night/monday morning.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 7:01pm
Congratulations John!
Larry,
Maybe it will warm up by the time next year rolls around?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 7:39pm
Y'all are some tough folk! (said in my best Midwest accent)
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 8:36pm
Nuttier than squirrel turds..... all Ya'all.

Congratulations John, Tough somnabitch that one.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 8:39pm
Nicely done Jbear, and Adam as well! I'm impressed on a variety of levels, love it that you guys don't let the weather stop the fun!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 9:39pm
You guys take the prize, that is dedication to the sport in the highest form!
I looked at the point ratings and realized on my best day even in mid summer I could not get up to 100 points. You guys are really good.
I have skied the Polar bear club Jan 1st event when it was 32 degrees and foggy, I can't imagine trying to barefoot in that cold much less do the tricks to earn higher points.
Hats off to you guys/gals. Nice work.
Happy New Year!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 3:00am
Here are my photo's from the event. It was about 27 degrees with a nice wind. It was cold and the folks in the crowd could not believe that the show was still going to happen. This is my fifth or sixth year watching this event. It was great to see the Deans, Bill Berry, and J -Bear. Greg did the driving and his 85 did the pulling.

Greg doing the opening flag ceremony and Nation Anthem. No one took a knee.

J-Bear and Greg getting the ropes ready. John managed to keep his flowing hair dry and neat. I do not know how he did it.

Adam's first run.

Adam's second run was impressive.

J-Bear's run. He was in second place through round one and fell to third after round two. Showing them how to do it.

Rachel's Run was incredible. Her form was effortless. You can tell she is a World Champ. The crowd was amazed by her 2.5 backward circle run.

You may not be able to see if from my photo, but there was Ice hanging from the transom rubber rub rail. It was the coldest air temp in the events 40 year history. They stated that the water was colder one year, The wind was brutal.

The neat thing is the majority of the competitors were above 65 years of age and several were over 70. There was one gentlemen there who purchased Banana George's last boat. it was a Sanger Bare Footer. Yellow of course . The gentlemen skied a lot with George in the past.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 4:35am
Great Photo's. Impressive to see the age group involved. Since I am only 60 I see there are several more barefoot years in the tank. I had been thinking my time for footing is over.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 8:30am
There were also 2 boom skiers, Hudson Fox (10) and Claire Flowers (~7). Both did great and are looking to compete long line next year.
Pretty soon division's will be grouped by age
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 3:56pm
I was just thinking about winterizing the engine. After a day like this you would not have much time before that 454 would freeze up. You guys are very dedicated, more power to you.
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic