Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WS Spotter Law

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WS Spotter Law
    Posted: November-12-2017 at 9:34am
Saw this on another forum, not sure if anyone posted it here,

New law which will eliminate requiring a spotter if boat has mirror.

link
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 9:51am
Been that way here in GA for years . One of the best things about living here.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 11:24am
Illinois, like all of its other great attributes (highest taxes, high unemployment, poor services, and massive corruption), has some of the dumbest water laws. The orange flag and a required spotter are onerous to say the least—and counter to safety at best.

Spotter: actually a driver distraction
Orange flag; draws attention to the boat, not the person being towed.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 12:01pm
Can't tell you how many boats go by that have forgotten the flag is still up when their done. Kinda reminds me of the Monty Python bicycle repairman sketch.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 12:40pm
See how he uses a spammer to tighten that nut!

It’s bicycle repairman!
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Illinois, like all of its other great attributes (highest taxes, high unemployment, poor services, and massive corruption), has some of the dumbest water laws. The orange flag and a required spotter are onerous to say the least—and counter to safety at best.

Spotter: actually a driver distraction
Orange flag; draws attention to the boat, not the person being towed.

Don't forget the anti-gun laws and one of the highest murder rates.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 3:26pm
I don't know about the gun law part anymore Paul,I thought the Supreme Court took care of that. I had heard thru some of my old coworkers that the company was offering to pay for conceal and carry and were doing it during work hours. So many were taking it they had to stop. It was a strange deal since no firearms were allowed on company property anyway. One time on a scheduled Saturday at 1130 am they sent me to the south side. Scheduled weekend guys are not supposed to go out of your area,the idea being you were scheduled because you were busy where you worked if they were busy else where they need to schedule more or ask their guys for OT. Took my lunch,drove safely in on surface streets,looked the job over,got back in the truck drove back home arriving at 430. Think the company just wanted to show someone that they had guys dispatched out on the street,nothing was ever said. Used to be that when you went in rough areas that the phone man was left alone since the powers that be want theirs to work. The advent of the cell changed all that,now your fair game like all the rest.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 8:06pm
This is timely. I am in the middle o campaigning for a rules change here. NC rule is mirror or observer, but my HOA is observer needed. Last year, the lakes and dams committee I am on developed language about skiers and boarders did not need an observer because we are generally out when lake is quiet and are generally more experienced boaters, but tubers needed an observer because they are idiots, not thats not it, they need them because they are typically out on the lake when its busy, generally are less experienced, and have a load of little kids on tubes. That language never went to the board. When I brought it back up this year, my committee wanted to revisit the language. They went with no one needs an observer on weekdays because the lake is generally so quiet, but everyone needs one on weekends. I tried to campaign for no observer needed before 10 on weekends but that didnt fly. So the new language is going to the HOA board in the next week or so. I will go and state my case. Im not holding my breath but I am going to give it my best shot. Wish me luck.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic