Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Shocks Sport Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas Shocks Sport Nautique
    Posted: November-14-2017 at 9:45am
I need to replace the gas shocks on my 99 sport for glove box, ski locker, and rear sun deck. Can anyone help with part numbers and source?
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 10:00am
Measure them and buy off eBay.
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 11:09am
They usually have them at local parts stores. Sometimes the measurement is not exact but as long as it is close it will fit. Making sure the pressure is correct is is important. To stiff and you will not be able to close the lid.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 11:13am
Thanks. Do you measure from the top to bottom of the shock for length? Is there a particular ball size that fits the boat?
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 11:32am
Nautique parts will have them in the right size. Things on Nautique parts can often be found cheaper else where but I usually find that it's worth paying the extra few dollars to get the correct part and save time searching.

Discount code PND will save you 10%

Give them a call to confirm parts.

Ski locker and Hatch

Glove Box
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 11:45pm
Ball size is pretty standard, I've seen gas shocks on all sorts of equipment with that same ball end. I can't remember but think the length is extended, just look at the links Paul posted and it will be obvious. I bought the wrong weight rating for my trunk and could barely close it, called one of the parts vendors and got the right one, so I'm with Paul about paying a bit more from one of the vendors that will help get you the right one.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 9:17am
Sounds like a plan. I would agree and do order from Nautique Parts quite a bit and always happy with the results. I will bite the bullet and spend a little extra. A little surprised at the total cost of replacing all the shocks. However, I am getting tired of holding the passenger seat up with my head.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 1:57pm
There is one company in Gastonia, NC that seems to make most of them. They are titled Stabilus, USA, Inc. . you can't buy direct, but they seem to place these in all applications.

Do not tell Pete, but I have picked up some at Autozone before for the back gate and gas in my Tahoe.

Actually, I hear he shops there too now.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic