NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The new snowbelt

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The new snowbelt
    Posted: December-09-2017 at 12:25pm
3 inches of snow in Atlanta! Wow, that's more than we have on the ground up here! Tim, how was your commute to work? I also see Delta cancelled a bunch of flights due to deicing problems.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Timr71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timr71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2017 at 2:37pm
We got nearly 6 inches yesterday in Birmingham, AL. Much of it is still on the ground.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2017 at 10:40am
....and before Christmas. It was a wet commute on Friday but I went in at 4am for some OT. It started snowing HARD and with huge flakes around 1030 am. Most of the TOC was down in Hanger Bay 9 for the presentation of 1000 bicycles, 8 huge boxes of toys and a check for $50,000 to the USMC Toys for Tots program. The Holiday meal for the entire facility started right after that.
I hung around til about 1:00 and then left because the stuff was coming down and Google traffic was read on every road surrounding Atl as everyone bailed from work and early dismissals from school all happened at the same time. Thankfully for me I-75 south wasn't too bad but I still went the backway home to avoid the chaos.
I had nothing at my house south of Atlanta but everyone North of the Airport got up to 6" of the stuff. Lots of folks lost power as the limbs started coming down on top of power lines. Some folks are still powerless after 2 days. I got a dusting early sat morning but it was gone after a couple hours. Facebook is a wonderful thing sometimes as people were posting pics and videos of the winter wonderland we just don't get down here and people were really exited as Christmas lights on houses and trees take on a wonderful new look when there is snow on the ground. We've never had this much snow before Christmas. I'm just glad I work in a shop and not the flight line. It was miserable out there. Wet snow.....No thanks!

On a side note I took a video of the bikes lining the hallways of the TOC. These bikes were purchased by the people of ATL Tech-Ops and of course assembled by Delta Mechanics. Lots of fundraisers over the last several months (mainly food sales) to purchase them (with helmets) at black Friday prices. Truly a wonderful outreach program we do and a lot of Happy Kids on Christmas Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=revvofhk6Zw
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2017 at 12:27pm
We got 7" of snow at my house just North of Atlanta. Friday traffic was terrible with everybody leaving work early to beat the snow. I got caught in it going to drain my boats before the freeze. Nothing like procrastinating!
Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic