Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission help
    Posted: January-07-2018 at 6:39pm
I have a velvet drive that i wanted to swap with the one in my boat. The back end looks different but everything else identical. I’m guessing it’s for a v-drive. Is there any way I can make this work.
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 6:52pm

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 7:06pm
Cole,
You would need a new pinion cage/output shaft, bearing retainer/end cap, bearing, seal and then the coupling half and nut.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 7:52pm
Are those parts I can take off my trans on boat now?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2018 at 9:13pm
Probably the only way you'll get a good answer is by knowing the exact model number of each like for example 10-17-001, 002, 003 and on and on There are a whole lot of different variations like reduction gear transmissions, v drive transmissions and the 1 to 1 stuff.

Your best bet is getting the numbers from both transmissions and reading a Borg Warner manual or 2.or 3.and looking at the parts breakdown for each to see what would be the same

If you have to change the pinion cage and output shaft, you do that with a complete disassembly of both transmissions because those parts come out from the front, then you'd have plenty of parts to compare

If you have it all the way apart, you're better off rebuilding what you have.
or getting it rebuilt depending on what's wrong with it to begin with.

Edit on second thought the short answer to your question is NO just by looking at the rear of your original and the photo you posted of the other one the cases are different and won't interchange. The big hole at the bottom center is an obvious problem that jumps right out at you. although some pieces from the new one might work in the old one.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

If you have it all the way apart, you're better off rebuilding what you have.
or getting it rebuilt depending on what's wrong with it to begin with.

Cole,
Yes, what's up with the trans you have?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2018 at 1:03am
Had a bad dirty neutral. A friend had that one laying around and said I could have it. Ended up exchanging mine for fresh rebuilt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic