NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EBAY won 99 Super Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by iamdennyis iamdennyis wrote:

Here are some interior pictures I took last night when taking measurements for the tower, along with a couple exterior pictures.

https://m.imgur.com/a/1fv0y

Looks like some new skins in the future. Thanks for the pictures.

Here's a direct link.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Here are some interior pictures I took last night when taking measurements for the tower, along with a couple exterior pictures.

https://m.imgur.com/a/1fv0y

Looks like some new skins in the future. Thanks for the pictures.

Here's a direct link.

Pete, your link............she no work. Probably something to do with that %20 you have in there at the end of your link address

Here's one that works working link
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 4:22pm
Hey Denny that boat looks sweet on the trailer! Looks like typical sun damage from Texas! A new steering wheel, carpet and complete interior will make her the deal you were hoping for, and she will be worth a pretty penny.

Might be a good time while you’re excavating the interior to plumb in your ballast system and install perfect pass! Yeah you’re gonna have to sell some real estate!
iamdennyis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 4:28pm
Yep! My uncle gets back from vacation this weekend, so I’ll be taking it over to his shop next week to come up with our plan of action.

I also bought the drivers seat linked to earlier in this thread, so it is on its way.

And I sent measurements to Skip Dunlap for a boat cover. I found his info on BallofSpray and reviews spoke highly of him and his covers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

Hey Denny that boat looks sweet on the trailer! Looks like typical sun damage from Texas! A new steering wheel, carpet and complete interior will make her the deal you were hoping for, and she will be worth a pretty penny.

Might be a good time while you’re excavating the interior to plumb in your ballast system and install perfect pass! Yeah you’re gonna have to sell some real estate!

Have any links to good pictures of ballast installs?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2018 at 4:38pm
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 8:54pm
Does she run?
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2018 at 9:15pm

It starts and runs smoothly.

I do have a project on my hands for sure. I’ll have to go through everything over time, but for now it’s at my friend’s house. I don’t have enough room to park it at my house in the city. I went over this evening in the dark and pulled drain plugs.

I haven’t gone around and taken a bunch of pics yet. It’s cold and the trip was so non stop I just didn’t get it done. I will take pics before we tear into the interior.

First sentence of the quote should answer that question of "does she run"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 1:37am
Just a crazy idea, but you may be able to track down the owner that last had the boat via registration numbers or some paperwork. He or she might have the interior pieces you need. It might mean another trip to Texas, but it would be a worthwhile trip. If it was reposed he might not work with you, but some money in his pocket would be better than nothing.. I love the exterior color scheme.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 1:42am
Donald, I was thinking the same thing. One consideration I did come up with was that the boat was listed as a Repo. Not usually a good place to find cooperation from experience, but worth a try. I’m betting Denny is all done driving for awhile if he can help it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2018 at 11:07pm
I received my cover from Skip in Florida. It is really sweet cover for $550. I think the front tire legs are off by an inch or two but my uncle said he can fix that no problem. Pictures are in the photo album posted above. https://imgur.com/a/1fv0y

Speaking of that I finally got the boat over to my uncles shop. After taking a good look at it he said he can build the back bench if we need to, however he suggested try and find one if it all possible because it will be way less expensive.

So being that as it is, I have to ask does anyone have any potential leads on where I could possibly get that back rest?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2018 at 11:55pm
I have no idea if this would even fit and it seems awful expensive but here is something on ebay

seat link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2018 at 1:15am
There is literature with dimensions and specs in the reference section of this site. You might be able to see if the 95 Ski Nautique is the same width as your boat. If it looks close then contact the seller and ask him to measure the seat. Then measure your opening. Nice find Mr. Star.
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
funkster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2018 at 2:37pm
This might be outside the box, but why try to find OEM interior pieces? I think this is the perfect opportunity to modernize the interior and make a walk through. Here is a pic from rosewell's OG SAN.

http://www.seadek.com/blog/seadek-featured-on-the-roswell-experience-tour/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2018 at 3:15pm
Hey funkster, I had the same chat with my uncle and sent Roswell an email asking for more pics. I think that is the way I'll end up going. I don't know about wild colors, but going custom and using some ideas from newer boats is a great idea.
funkster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2018 at 2:52pm
If they don't get back to you, you can always sift through their instagram. I believe they even have a 2 part YouTube video on the build. I have a 98' SS and did a lot of upgrades and learned a lot. I'm planning to turn the single engine hatch cover into a 3 piece With gas shocks instead of the powered actuator this spring. Elbow grease goes a long way and so does 303...ha ha! If the boat doesn't have a ballast system, it would be a lot easier install when the boat is already apart.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2018 at 10:39pm
I had to dive into the business the last few weeks. I finally got to the boat last weekend and ripped out what’s left of the interior and dropped off for upholstery.

I found a sweet 2005 Mastercraft seat on eBay with bolster and seat heaters haha. So that’s going in.

I’ll be diving into building the seat cushions and rear seat back. So here is one last call - anyone see any potential options to buy something before I order all the fiberglass stuff?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2018 at 10:51pm
Maybe just be a bit patient and wait for something original to pop up?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2018 at 12:11am
I haven’t been paying attention to the boards as long as you have. Do you see these parts pop up a couple times a year?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2018 at 12:43am
I think if we all look we will find you a seat back. I’d call the old Christines to see if they have anything or a line as well as C+S—the new factory logo upholsterer—and a few dealerships—maybe even the factory. Persistence often yields luck.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2018 at 6:44pm

I found a sweet 2005 Mastercraft seat on eBay with bolster and seat heaters haha. So that’s going in.

Is that for the drivers seat? I thought you had a drivers seat?
96 Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2018 at 4:40pm
I've called Christine's and several dealerships. Also spoke to Skip, an old school Nautique guy in Florida who I got my cover from. He said the factory has cleared out anything that old. He bought 3 shipping containers of old stuff from the factory a few years back.

That back seat is a needle in a haystack for sure.

I totally messed up the other driver's seat in a couple air headed moves. End of the story is buying off of eBay was easier and way less hassle.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2018 at 7:13pm

I totally messed up the other driver's seat in a couple air headed moves. End of the story is buying off of eBay was easier and way less hassle.

Well if you decide to go original, I know the driver's seat she'll can be had for about $250 from Nautique Parts.
Back seat is going to be tough but I'm sure you can build one. I can get you pics of an original if you need help.

96 Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamdennyis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2019 at 2:25pm
So updates.....

the boat is in my dad's shop an hour away, and I finally got at it a few weeks ago, chipping off at it on the weekend.

The interior pieces are all made and foamed, and the covers will be done in the next couple weeks. The back seat turned out really nice! Made from plywood and fiberglass.

We super deep cleaned the carpet with simple green and a pressure washer, still have to shampoo it but it looks 10x better.

We compounded the fiberglass yesterday, and have to finish that up.

The teak swim platform is soaking up layer after layer of teak oil haha. It looks really good, but I think a few more coats will get it all the way back.

A bunch of little projects still need to get done. My second kid will be here in the next week or two. I'm still planning to get it ready for this summer, but we will see.

What batteries should I get and where should I mount them? It came with 2 batteries wired to a perko switch, each one sitting not mounted on either side of the engine.

Also... did this boat come with interior/seperating pieces on both sides of the engine? I only have them for the passenger side.

Where do I buy gelcoat patch kits? I couldn't find that natural color. Also, can anyone confirm, is the brown color zephyr?

Is the rubber that goes inside the board racks available anywhere?

What are the specs for a replacement steering wheel and knob?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2019 at 2:31am
Use only a starting battery to start the boat. Many here have great success with a Walmart battery. Not sure of group size. Dual purpose for the other side to run sound system while anchored. Do not use a trolling motor to start the boat.

Gell Coat can be purchased at Mini Craft of Florida. Also, www.iboats.com sells spectrum gel coat. Spectrum made the gel coat for Correct Craft boats. They might have what you need. They phase out colors over time. Some colors are sold in quarts and some in gallon containers.

www.nautiqueparts.com in White Lake NC might have the steering wheel parts you need. Ask for Townsend.
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I think if your driving to Texas to get a boat with no trailer that this one would be a better buy. It should buff out nicely. If it don't it has a nice GT40 with about 222 hours for a transplant and alot of good other parts to help offset the price

This boat was parted out a little while ago on here. I got the some of the upholstery.
2005 Ski Nautique
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Blamey Blamey wrote:

Well if you decide to go original, I know the driver's seat she'll can be had for about $250 from Nautique Parts.
Back seat is going to be tough but I'm sure you can build one. I can get you pics of an original if you need help.

I also have an original seat but with newer upholstery if you want to go back to more authentic, though the heated MC seat sounds great.
2005 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic