Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with flooring & seat layout

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Texas Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with flooring & seat layout
    Posted: February-04-2018 at 5:13pm
Greetings, i'm new to site and recently acquired the hull of a 74 mustang. The seats and floor (& engine) were already taken out when i got it. I'm trying to see if anyone can point me to a diagram of original 1974 '17 mustang. I looked through the site here but haven't been able to find anything. We're working on stringers now and hope to put floor in soon, with engine and seats to follow.   Thanks!
chau8238 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 10:55am
Where at in Texas are you? I'm in Houston.

Here's my 73 Mustang, should be similar. Once I get the money, I'd love to redo the interior on my boat.

Pics in link.
https://imgur.com/gallery/OCXDf

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 6:00pm
Thanks for the link to your pics. that does help. I have some of the remnants of the seats but it's only about half (other half rotted out) and it's hard to make heads or tails of them.

Does the rear seat-back come out to get to the gas tank? Or both the bench and seat-back?

We're in the Fort Worth area, but from the north part of Houston originally..
chau8238 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 6:56pm
The back and seat bottom are two separate pieces. The back clips in place to the back of the hull and the bottom just sits there on my boat, It might have a piece of wood to kind of lock it from moving forward/backward when you set it down. But I'm hoping to redo a lot of my interior as I get time, for now I'd like to redo the floor since there are a couple soft spots and later on work on fixing the interior and replacing it.

Here's some more pics, although probably not much use in these.
https://imgur.com/a/02t3h
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 8:40pm
If you need the aluminum pieces that attach the seat bottom to the seat back (front seat only) Then I have a set of them. If needed then let me know.
I can take pics Tuesday
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 2:42pm
Chau8238 - do you happen to have any pics of the overall boat layout? I'm trying to see how to reconstruct the bases to the seats. I have new floor in but seats were ripped out prior to me seeing the boat. And also a pic with the back seat removed - to see how the gas tank is mounted, etc.

thanks
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 8:55pm
Hi Brian and welcome to the site!   Post some pics - we'd love to see what you're working with and the progress along the way   
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic