Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 ski nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bib8050 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bib8050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 ski nautique
    Posted: July-21-2006 at 12:35pm
hey looking for some help

my buddy has a 1989 ski nautique i think it has a 454 in it but i will check with him because i was looking around and keep seeing alot of them with a 351 in it

he was having carb problems and got a replacement carb installed it is a 750cfm carb.

he is having trouble with the boat when hitting the throttle to get a wake boarder outta the water the boat just kinda lags out like it is not getting enough fuel possible.

i keep telling him to check the fuel system and make sure he is getting enough fuel flow becase even when just getting on it easy its not running quite right

any ideas to check would be very helpful

thanks

brian
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2006 at 12:58pm
accelerator pump needs adjusted as well as the idle mixture screws and probally the float too. The carb is not a bolt on item that you can pull out of a box and expect it to work right it has to be adjusted properly to work right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic