NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

May we all be so Lucky!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May we all be so Lucky!
    Posted: March-14-2018 at 2:50pm
My Buddy Mike last weekend on his 72nd Birthday!   Picture from his first run.   He was pulling harder on his 2nd run.
He is wearing a wet suit but this is early March.   We were above 60 degrees. Don't know the water temp but it is Cold this time of year.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2018 at 10:02pm
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2018 at 11:39pm
That's awesome! Love seeing it. Age is just a number.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 12:21am
He has a goal now, he wants to ski at least once every month of the year.
In the summer the goal is once a week.
Notice he is not on a Fat Boy ski, he still ski's old school.
On Pull up, he yells give it all you got. He likes a hard pull out.

I am only 60 and I tell them to pull me out slow to ease pain in the low back.
He defies the norm.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 12:31am
Sounds like a tough senior citizen! Hope I'm able to get there.

Every month of the year? That's a bit of a challenge around here. Took this today, after around 20" of snow yesterday.

'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 12:35am
Awesome! Makes me feel good to see that it is indeed possible to cut like that at 72. I've got nearly 20 years to go and still do pretty good now, especially considering my 5 year hiatus. But 20 years is a long time. Mike has got to be doing something right
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 1:05pm
He is also an inspiration for me too. The crazy this too is at the Lake Norman New Years day barefoot tournament that happens each year, the large majority of the folks in competition are over 60 and several are over 70. Adam Dean was the young pup in the field. I am just hoping to be able to find the toilet at 70 plus. LOL @@@@
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I am just hoping to be able to find the toilet at 70 plus. LOL @@@@

Don't worry Don I hear there are products out there now that we won't need to find one
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2018 at 5:05am
Say what you want about the great weather in California, I look at your lake setting with the boat house and I know, nobody in California can afford a place that pretty.
OK, some of the Hollywood types with their mega bucks can afford it but not the average Joe in this State.   
That is a beautiful setting. I bet it looks really great in Summer too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic