NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust riser

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust riser
    Posted: March-21-2018 at 4:09pm
Center riser on a mid 80's 351 w. What is the bolt size and length, I want to stop on way home tonight and get new bolts and don't recall the size. Thought they were 3/8 and possibly 1"
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 4:19pm
5/16"X 1-1/4" don't forget the lock washers
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 4:25pm
thanks,   

the manifold bolts are 3/8 come to think of it.   
shierh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shierh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 11:08pm
bore scoped left side, all have rust speckles in the to end of the cylinders.
Drained manifold then took off the riser.   I believe there is evidence of a leak in the riser gasket. Ran scope down the exhaust ports on the manifold and did see a few water beads in the bottom near the head.   Couldn't see any definitive cracks.   I am going with the riser gasket.   Honed both surfaces and will pick up new gaskets tomorrow. Should be ok for Friday on the river.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic