Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Hesitation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Hesitation
    Posted: July-21-2006 at 11:09pm
I have a 93 Ski Natique and I'm experiencing some hesitation when accelerating. It acts like it's starving for fuel, when I open it up it's runs fine but as soon as I back it off the throttle it starves out again. Could it be the water fuel seperator? Maybe some bad gas from the lake?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2006 at 9:06pm
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? There are also a lot of little screens that can clog from where fuel comes out of the tank, until it hits the pump. Check for an in-line filter. My 95, which had little maintenance done on it before I bought it, was so clogged you could not blow through it.
83SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2006 at 9:55pm
may be your accelerator( i know this is spelled wrong) pump on the carb. Check to see if gas squirts into the carb when you move the throttle arm.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2006 at 10:28am
Can't just be the accel pump if its starving when backing off...

from the given info, I suspect a piece of crap in the primary bowl plugging a main jet.

Don't run it hard anyway unless for quick diagnosis, the lean condition can frag a piston or valve.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2006 at 6:26pm
I had my accelrator pump go on my 92... then my pv went also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic