Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

94 SN 2 dead Holley Fuel Injectors

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
94SkiNautique5.8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94SkiNautique5.8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 94 SN 2 dead Holley Fuel Injectors
    Posted: April-29-2018 at 9:47pm
Hey all,

I have a 1994 SN with the 5.8 Pro Boss with TBI. I have 2 bad injectors and am needing replacements. I do not want to steer away from what I already have. Any idea where I can get 2 of these injectors??
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2018 at 1:20am
Need to have a model#/ part# for the throttle body.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2018 at 2:42am
I have the same engine -- 1994 throttle-body electronic fuel injection. 4-5 years ago, the EFI started acting-up. One of the 4 injectors was bad and was dribbling fuel rather than spraying and atomizing the fuel. The engine ran quite rich at low throttle settings and hole-shot was very poor. I started looking around for new/replacement injectors. The injectors were: Holley (part number) 250R-123AA.

I tried E-bay, PCM, Holley, etc. No luck. Per Holley, that injector was discontinued over 10+ years ago and that replacements were no longer available (NLA). Holley did have an upgrade kit, but the cost was about $600. I was considering this Holley throttle-body EFI upgrade, but the engine management system "Pro-Tech" was also having intermittent problems. I knew that I needed some type of engine management system for EFI to function, so I called PCM to inquire about the Pro-Tech problems that I was having.

No joy there either. PCM told me that Pro-Tech parts were discontinued 10+ years ago and were NLA. That info from PCM made my decision easy as I needed Pro-Tech for the new Holley EFI upgrade. That was not going to happen now, so I chose to retro-fit the engine back to distributor and carburetor.

Several good threads on this site for those who have gone this route and made the "old school" switch as I have. FWIW, I went with a QuickFuel M-600 carb and a Davis Unified Ignition (DUI) distributor with integrated coil. When I installed these retro-fits on the engine, I was fearful that performance would be down as I was going from EFI to carb. With the QuickFuel and DUI combo, the engine performance is very close to original.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2018 at 5:04am
The manifold is a stock Ford design and that type was used on Ford Mustangs for many years.   I know aftermarket companies sell injectors to upgrade the fuel flow in those engines. Most of those are 302's so the upgrade injectors would be more appropriate for the 351W.
I have a friend that knows these systems and currently runs this system with a twin turbo 302 and he did all the conversion in his 68 Mustang.   I know he upgraded his fuel pressure and injectors.
Be patient, I think new injectors will be a simple issue.   
I will drop my friend a note and see what he is running and ask what is available.
Might take a couple days.   You can also check in on the Mustang forums.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2018 at 6:55am
I got to talk with my buddy today about your fuel injectors. He stated finding injectors is not an issue at all. Bosch sells injectors, what you will need to know is how many gallons per hour they are rated at.
He also stated that these old Ford injectors were not that efficient, the spray patter was not ideal for atomization of the fuel and air.   He says the new Bosch will work so much better you might end up with those cylinders making more power than other cylinders.
He recommended changing all 8 if you can't find the exact replacement.
He noted Fuel Injection cleaning shops normally have inventory in their shops to match customer needs. He said if you need one or two call the local shops that clean injectors and see what they have available to match what you have.
Your old injectors will have part numbers on them to help identify them.
Hope this helps.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2018 at 8:04am
Mark

What movie was it that the line "what we have here is a failure to communicate" came from?

That's what we have here.

The original poster (94SkiNautique5.8) has a Pro Tec system with a throttle body and 4 injectors and you're giving him information on multi port Ford injectors.for a GT-40. type injection system.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2018 at 8:18am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

You're halfway there Pete and it's the movie I was thinking of but.......................There's another movie a couple years later that used the same words I quoted. That was something I learned this morning

The Great Train Robbery filmed in 1969 is the other one.

Edit I screwed that up, make that "The Great Bank Robbery" filmed in 1969

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2018 at 3:45pm
Maybe the info helps another member down the road.
Those were some great old movies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic