NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust tube replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2018 at 9:50pm
Without pictures I would say that as long as it's not fractured on the inside you could just grind it and get some fiberglass and smooth out where you're clamps were. You could get something like this at one of Pete's favorite place's to shop

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/bondo-fiberglass-resin-repair-kit-quart-us-can-422/89010800-P?searchTerm=fiberglass+repair

Or this

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/bondo-fiberglass-resin-jelly-kit-pint-us-can-431/89010801-P?searchTerm=fiberglass+repair

as long as the tube is just dis-formed if it's like mine I would repair it right.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2018 at 10:34pm
Yeah Pete, sorry about that. I figured the way I worded it the first time wasn't clear. I will try to repair this using Paul's method. Thank you for the advice.

Paul, is that an overlay (with the Lowes logo) on the PVC pipe? If so, what is it and is it supposed to keep the epoxy from bonding to the PVC? The damage to my pipes appears less severe than yours.
'96 Ski Nautique
'90 Boston Whaler Montauk
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2018 at 11:10pm
It was just window tape to help keep the resin from sticking to the pipe. I think it was just some thin wall drain pipe I had laying around.
Like I said if it's not delaminated inside you could just grind down the soft spot and reglass the outside.
As for meeting up at DCL I usually don't do weekends if I can help it.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2018 at 9:03am
On the inside of the pipe I can see fractured fibers projecting inward if that's what you mean by delaminated.
How long after laying up the repair would you wait to put the pipe into use?

I avoid the lake on the weekends as well. I'm usually home several days during the week as well. Text or call me if you want to when you're up, 3013259758.
'96 Ski Nautique
'90 Boston Whaler Montauk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic