Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electrical issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Far north downunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Far north downunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical issue
    Posted: May-11-2018 at 7:49pm
Hi I’m the proud new owner of a 1994 ski nautique.

The second day out I encountered an electrical issue which shut down the engine and the ignition breaker light went out but the breaker did not pop out. After a breaker panel inspection pushing the breaker buttons and a bit of head scratching the ignition light cam on and the boat fired up.

The boat has been beautifully maintained by the previous owner who recently replaced the ignition breaker and renewed the dash wiring, he has given me the old breakers just in case the are the issue but I think it may be either a loose wire, kill switch issue or the ignition may be the problem.

When the boat dies the other accessories still have power

Any suggestions
MechGaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MechGaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2018 at 8:05pm
When it happens again, use a volt ohm meter to see where the power is flowing and where it is not.
'92 Sport Nautique
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2018 at 12:03pm
Sounds like a loose wire. Check the connections at the back of the ignition breaker. Pull on the wires to make sure there isn't a bad crimp.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic