Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gt40 bugs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mike9812121298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gt40 bugs
    Posted: May-22-2018 at 11:55am
Trying to get the winter bugs out.   Gt40 Boat runs good for the first 5 min, then it progressively starts to bog out until it won’t run. I pulled the plug on the ecm and water came out of the boot. Opened up the Ecm and it looks like one of the caps got hot. Also the fuel pump relay will start clicking and turn the pump on and off.

For testing can I jump the relay fuel pump to see if I can make it stay on if the boat will run past 5 min? My theory is the ecm is bad, and kicking in and off fuel pump once it warms up. Any ideas???
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2018 at 11:24pm
Mike, when that boat ran aground, it may have taken in water and drowned the ECM. Water coming out of the ECM tells me it’s probably not long-term functional. Maybe you can dry it out and make it work but it sure makes me think you’re gonna need a new one. This one doesn’t seem to be worth saving.

Might just be worth sending the old one out to one of those ECM rebuilders covered by other threads.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 12:11am
Here is the post from Planetnautique They are the guys that figured out the ECM replacement. Page 8 is the page where someone found someone to rebuild ECM's . The other pages are where you get a Mustang ECM and program a chip to replace the ECM.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic