NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Masters Ski Tournament

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masters Ski Tournament
    Posted: May-23-2018 at 3:02pm
Those of you who attend the Masters Tournament at Callaway will not be seeing the three Canadians who normally handle the in-the-water work this year. They were in a horrible rollover auto accident in Tennessee on their way to the Masters. Jeff McClintock, Yves (AKA "Frenchy), and Jordie are all hospitalized in Tennessee with severe injuries. Others have stepped up to set up the site and help run the tournament. We wish them a speedy and complete recovery, but it is going to take time.
"Art"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 6:25pm
Goodness.....    Sorry to hear about that. I will be praying for those Guys...
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 11:30pm
Just as an FYI it doesn't seem as severe as described on BOS.

From BOS:

Hey guys thanks for the best wishes and prayers. Jeff did get released today however Yves and myself are still in the hospital. Looks like I will flown home on Friday and they are unsure yet as of when Yves will be released. We are both doing very well considering the crash we had. Good part is someone stepped up and are working as the water crew at the Masters.

Thanks

Geordie aka Cobber
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Wtrskior View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wtrskior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 12:38am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Just as an FYI it doesn't seem as severe as described on BOS.

From BOS:

Hey guys thanks for the best wishes and prayers. Jeff did get released today however Yves and myself are still in the hospital. Looks like I will flown home on Friday and they are unsure yet as of when Yves will be released. We are both doing very well considering the crash we had. Good part is someone stepped up and are working as the water crew at the Masters.

Thanks

Geordie aka Cobber

That is because Geordie is a crazy Canadian with a super high pain tolerance!
I was at McLintock ski school on Monday checking out their new prostar and got the scoop. They are extremely lucky to be alive and not have life threatening injuries. Jeff has amazingly walked away. All 3 were apparently thrown from the van which had the roof ripped off in the crash...

The list of injuries is extremely significant for Geordie and Yves, with many broken bones and organ injuries and surgeries, Known and skied with these guys for many years, they are as diehard as it gets and looked forward to putting the master's on every year, taking time away from their jobs/lives to do so.

They were all apparently very concerned with how the event was going to be put on as all the course equipment was in the van and evidently strewn all over the highway, with the van also in lockup. That's who these guys are!   

2001 Ski Nautique CB w/ GT40
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 10:54am
Holy cow, that's insane!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 11:05am
As I understand it, Jody Seal, Christopher Travers, (Jonathan's brother, son of Jack and Lelani Travers) David Carter immediately left for Callaway to start work. The Technical Controller crew came in earlier than originally planned, so preparations are well underway.
Jeff has been released from the hospital.
"Art"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic