Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures from my Winter Dock Install Project

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures from my Winter Dock Install Project
    Posted: June-14-2018 at 6:22pm
Now that the ice is out! (explains why my 93 SN only had 650 hours when I bought it) I wanted to share some pictures from my winter project. I had an idea that I could build and install a new doc without getting wet. The old dock was a L with a 10x10 L section. My son and I last fall after we had about 4” of ice cut the old dock off the posts. We then used the ice auger to drill next to the posts and pulled them out. Waited two weeks and came back out and drilled new holes where we wanted the new dock sections. Installed the dock frame and then started decking it. I had promised my wife that I would have the new dock done before I actually removed the old dock. Apparently, I am good at not finishing projects around the house…
- Fred

- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 6:27pm
The Florida babies are gonna love this.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 6:40pm
Fred,
I envy you being able to keep your pier in the water over winter. Looks like you are in a pretty protected area of water which certainly helps. Over here, most piers don't stand a chance fighting with the ice. Even permanent piers on pilings get damaged if aeration systems aren't used. Is it treated framing and cedar decking? Nice job.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'm sure Gary will be along shortly!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2018 at 1:40am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'm sure Gary will be along shortly!

I have looked at these pictures and just cannot quite get my hands around this winter time idea....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic