NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New engine - maiden voyage and ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I was thinking that if you left the boat and the keys, I could drive out and pick up a few other CCF'ers along the way and we could do a slam bang job of finishing breaking that thing in for ya'

Hmmm...   For some reason I'm envisioning .....

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

We could bring a few assorted colors of spray paint and really make that thing pretty too

JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by gt40KS gt40KS wrote:

Hmmm...   For some reason I'm envisioning .....

I guess now I know why you put those silly grab rails on a ski boat    
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2018 at 3:42am
Update -
   Got back home early this week just in time for yet another 60 hour week followed by a bachelor party (of sorts) this morning.   However, I did get the chance to head to the lake for a few hours this afternoon to put some more hours on the engine and of course check out the tach adjustments. Tach checked out perfect so I took some mental notes on RPM vs MPH and it does indeed appear I'm right in there with the norm for what I have - 30mph was consistently reading 2850-2900 while closer to 40mph was pretty much 4000.
I still think the reman prop I was given after the accident isn't quite right - seems to vibrate just a little in the upper rpm ranges. But I'm curious if I may need/ want slightly more prop anyway. As it sits she has considerably more hole shot than before the rebuild. At half throttle I'm afraid I'd dislocate some shoulders! I haven't yet tried for WOT, but the way it climbs to the upper rpm's I wouldn't be surprised if it went well into the 5000's, which I'd rather not do.   
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2018 at 9:14am
Joe, you've been kinda quiet on updates. It's been a month.

What's happening? You're not still painting stuff are you?

I found the perfect oil filter to match your paint scheme on the engine

Pretty spiffy huh?

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2018 at 10:56am
I ran my GT-40 up to 5200 all the time.
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2018 at 12:18pm
Agreed,5200 is no problem /with a GT-40. Keeps it healthy, just limit it to less than a minute or so.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2018 at 8:51pm
Sorry for being so quiet -- didn't realize my voice would be missed that much

Anyway, rather disappointing past 30 days or so .... at least from a lake-time standpoint. We've been absolutely swamped with work. Between heading to the Colorado project every 3 weeks or so and trying to stay on top of things on the home front we haven't had a single day to make it to the lake.   Then there's all the paperwork ... which is one of a few reasons I haven't frequented the site lately either.   Not really an end in near future so it's looking more and more like I'll be winterizing the ol' girl before a free day arises

BTW, I like the filter - did you make that just for me??    
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2018 at 8:43am
Originally posted by gt40KS gt40KS wrote:

Sorry for being so quiet -- didn't realize my voice would be missed that much

BTW, I like the filter - did you make that just for me??    

Just for you Joe

Super Tech filter from Uncle Wally's place and 2 pieces of electrical tape
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic