Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Airguide speedometers or GPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
foot@63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foot@63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2018 at 7:38pm
I kept my originals in my 86 2001, just plug up my portable Garmin using suction cup and rock on. Best of both!,
Mike Bryan
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2018 at 10:18pm
Can anyone using the external gps conversion kit from Nautic Laudic tell me where you mounted the antenna or if it can be mounted under the dash?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2018 at 10:46pm
Under the dash works just fine.
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 8:53am
When I spoke with someone from Nautic Laugic, they said that I would need to drill an additional hole in the back of my current speedometer to allow room for the pigtail. Has anyone else had to do this? Just curious how big the hole is and how it looks. They said I couldn’t use the internal unit for my 77 Ski Tique Speedo.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 9:06am
Yes. 1/2” ish. You will want to enlarge the hole used by the pitot tubing. You want to know how the back of the housing looks with the larger hole?
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 9:41am
Correct, I was curious how the back of the housing looked with the larger hole in the back.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2018 at 12:05pm
Very similar to the way it looks now... but the hole for the pitot tubing is slightly larger (1/2”).

The hole is round.
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2018 at 3:56pm
I found out why my Speedometer stopped working. There was a 2 year period of time between my father in-law owning the boat to my wife and I. The person prior to me put a radio in the dash. When I removed the radio last night, you can see the top right corner of the radio hole where he cut through the pitot tube.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2018 at 5:26pm
He must have plugged the tubing coming from the pitot itself or you'd have water spraying around under the dash while the boat was moving
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2018 at 1:01am
Waterproof radio I assume?   
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2018 at 8:50am
wooooo
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2018 at 11:51am
It was also cut further back in the boat where he put speakers. The radio and all of the components have been removed and will be reglassed. I don’t see a need for the radio, you usually can’t hear it over the engine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic