NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

G20 Reduced Flow Under Load

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2018 at 7:27pm
If I remember right you're an engineer at a power plant.

You must have something called "post maintenance testing" or some variation of those words after something is repaired.

Just say that you're now a little smarter based on your experience

Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 12:22am
As always, I am happy that I checked here for info on rebuilding a G20. I am in the process of disassembling mine and have run into these same issues. I originally referenced the instructions on the Sherwood site, but they are not completely accurate. I was atempting to remove the pin in the pulley and decided to check her for info. I have been taking pictures every step to make sure I can get everything back together correctly.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 5:18am
I’m glad that my water pump only weeps like a Bears fan. I’m going to wait until it weeps like a Packer’s fan before I rebuild it.
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 11:14am
Gary,

How did you remove the steel retaining housing? I am struggling to get mine out, do you reuse it?

wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 11:38am
I’m going to use the money I will save by not going to a packers playoff game to have the guy from Illinois on eBay rebuild my pump this winter.
1976 Martinique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 12:31pm
I just gently used a small chisel and a punch to deform it and pull and pry it out, it is part of the seal assembly so a new one is included with the seal kit.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 1:05pm
Thanks, did you use the Sherwood Major Repair Kit 12665?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 3:40pm
No I did 3 pumps at the same time and did not need everything so I bought what I needed separately looking for best price. 2 pumps are spares sitting on a shelf so I did not want impellers sitting in them . If you buy for example “Sherwood “ bearings they can be upwards of 28 dollars, I got the same NTN’s for around 13.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic