NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pre SN 2001 length on trailer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre SN 2001 length on trailer
    Posted: July-13-2018 at 1:01pm
Does anyone know what a pre SN 2001 measures from the tip of the trailer tongue to the back of the boat (minus swim platform)
My garage measures 20' 6' from wall to garge door when closed. Can the bow stop be moved forward enough to flush the boat with the back of trailer to make that work? I know it will be a little more tongue heavy but my truck can handle that and it's less than a 5 mile drive to the ramp for me. HOA requires boats to be inside a garage (I prefer to store a boat inside as well). Has anyone had any luck modifying the older #3 trailer tongues to swing away? I will have to do removable platform brackets either way.

I've been hunting for a ski tique or mustang and was just informed my parents neighbor will be trading his 78 SN this winter for a new Bryant when it is finished. Boat is near perfect for it's age and he would be willing to sell for the trade offer of $3900. Boat is 5 hours away, on a lift and trailer is 2 hrs the other direction so it's going to be a while before the owner/my father/or myself can check.
the final price is always cheaper when the beer is free
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 1:11pm
You probably won’t be able to get it in 20’6” without both the removable brackets and swing tongue. The bow stop could be moved forward but would not recommend that for a permenant solution (ie fine for storage only but not good for regular trailering).

A normal swing tongue kit won’t work since the frame rails converge very far forward, but I have seen a few custom welded solutions on older trailers.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 1:12pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

A normal swing tongue kit won’t work since the frame rails converge very far forward, but I have seen a few custom welded solutions on older trailers.

Yes, I agree. You would need two of the kits I linked.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 1:25pm
Not sure how you’d install 2 kits made for tubular tongues onto c-channel rails half the width. You don’t need both rails to swing- one should be pinned.

Custom would be a better solution for less $.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic