Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Restore your paint to new" product

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Restore your paint to new" product
    Posted: July-31-2006 at 4:55pm
Through this site, I've read about a lot of different tips regarding restoring oxidized paint on your boat. This one is new to me. Has anyone ever heard of it or tried it? Its from a company called "Flitz". Someone told me that they saw it advertised recently on some boat show. Thanks

http://www.flitz.com/
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 5:54pm
I have used flitz on all types of things... Pretty amazing stuff really. I have used it by hand on fiberglass with super results. Never tried it with that cloth ball and a drill though????
Moj'
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 12:24am
Based on this thread I bought this product. So far, the first impression has been pretty good. I will inform how it works when I use a circular polisher.

This was a quick pass with my cheap orbital polisher:

widespreadpanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote widespreadpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 1:21am
Which one of their products did you use?

Thanks
WP
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 1:25am
Ryan: Welcome. Love your "handle"

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 2:45am
WP, I am using the Flitz Metal Polish. This is my plan B to get the boat in decent condition for the end of the summer here in TX. My plan A is a 3M heavy compound, 3M finesse-it, follow by hot wax. I decided to give it a shot to see if can get a quick fix until I have time to detail it. I did a quick test and it was impressive. I don't think i would get a showroom shine with this. I will see what happens when I put it on my heavy duty polisher. So far I cannot believe the initial result.

Here is another shot where you can see the difference:

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2007 at 2:51am
FYI, if you plan to try it too the cheaper I was able to find was thru amazon.com.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic