Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tripping 15 amp breaker

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
harriss28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harriss28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tripping 15 amp breaker
    Posted: July-15-2018 at 9:18pm
97 SN gt40

I had the boat out for he first time this year.   The 15 amp breaker tripped after about 5 mins of idle.   I reset the breaker and ran the boat for 2 hours with no issue.    The boat died at the dock as we were leaving.    I tried to reset the breaker but had no success.

Today,   I reset the breaker and am getting 43 psi at the fuel rail

Does this sound like an old,weak breaker, HP fuel pump, LP fuel pump, or bad relay?

Thanks,Shawn

gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2018 at 2:34am
A whole day and no takers for your question?   Highly unusual.   
Anyway could be any one or a combination of those. I've seen breakers go bad and not want to reset or even freeze up. I've also read about faulty relays on these engines ... evidently it's a thing that happens from time to time.    However, a little clarification by what you mean "tried to reset the breaker". Did the button not want to push in at all? Did it push in but immediately pop again? Both same end result but both point to entirely different possibilities. HP & LP pumps ... someone else will have to chime in there since I have next to no experience with them.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic