Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT 40 Runs at 160 but does to 180 after s

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ski1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT 40 Runs at 160 but does to 180 after s
    Posted: August-04-2006 at 3:44pm
My 1999 Sport runs at 160 normally but will go up to 180 for 1 minute at idle after running at high power setting. Changed the impeller that was still good but it still does it. I have never noticed it do this before and I look at the temp all the time. Any thoughts?
Ski
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 4:13pm
That doesnt sound that abnormal for a Ford. My boat will pick up a good 10 degrees if I run it hard and then come back to an idle. As long as your temp comes back to 160 after a min or so, you should be OK. Check all hose clamps and the strainer to make sure theyre tight and youre not sucking any air, just to be safe.
ski1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 6:09pm
Thanks
Ski
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 6:22pm
I would change the thermostat, easy to do, not expensive. Do you leave lake water in the motor year round? The thermo could be very rusty.
Tim D
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 7:22pm
Funny...I just changed the t-stat in mine and now it's doing what ski1 described. Never did it before. Impeller is good...tstat new... I'm not too worried about 160, but don't want more than that.

I guess it's another winter project.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 10:43pm
What style was it? The one on the right below is a PCM. The one on the left is just marine. Both are 140 degree, but the PCM looks to allow more flow.
Tim D
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2006 at 10:25am
My t-stat was pcm straight from skidim.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic