NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

540 Coming

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 540 Coming
    Posted: August-08-2006 at 11:38am
Last night at idle speed we hit a submerged log. It must've been a big one because it stalled the boat. Started it back up and there was the slightest vibration. When it was on the trailer I could only find one very small ding on the edge of one blade. The shaft still spins fine.

I've been wanting to get a 540 for a while now so I'll post my impressions after I install it.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 2:20pm
PS, how is SkiDim for shipping. I ordered it last night for 2-day shipping and I need it by Friday. Will I get it?
1978 Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 2:39pm
If you ordered it before 1 you should get it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 1:46pm
Well, I put the 540 on after work on Friday and then took it out for a ski. I don't know what I waited for. The boat's holeshot has improved so much. It just jumps out of the water with no bow rise. It pulls skiers up much quicker and I gained around 2 mph top end.

The ski wake has improved as well, flatter and softer and the bump at 28 off is almost gone.

Just another happy 540 owner, if you're thinking about getting one don't wait, it'll put the same smile on you face as when you first drove your nautique.
1978 Nautique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 2:50pm
MArk, I had the same results with a 540 on my 81, absolutely love it.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:21pm
Yep...Alan's comments at GL on that prop got my stubborn buddy to try mine...He loved it and kept that one...when we got back I had one in a couple days and saw the same results as you...plus the thing is ultra smooth!!!

As far as the old prop...you can hammer out the ding...use a big wooden block on the under side of where you hammer...go slow and be carefull....match it to look like the the other two good blades...it will be close not perfect...better than it is now...makes a good spare!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:39pm
Stang, Would you believe I banged my beloved 540 on the bottom saturday while pulling up to the pier to load up and go home. The depth finder showed 3.5'...Wrong.. Just a small ding in one blade, I'll try your method and then send it out over the winter.
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:56pm
Is the 540 the prop I want for a Mustang? I have a 302 motor
1974 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic